1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is he bi?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Salazar, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Salazar

To set the scene, I was out with 8 or so of my friends from school, who are back from university for Christmas, tonight, and one of them seemed to strike an odd chord with me. He would talk to everyone is graphic detail about how much sex he is having with his girlfriend, but when he would talk to me alone, he would say how sometimes, if he didn't look upon a woman and instantly want to have sex with her, he would think he was gay. I reassured him that that meant nothing.

These snippets on conversation would go on, and eventually, when he was leaving, he came to me alone and said 'thanks for making it easier for people like me to come out eventually'. I asked him if he was serious and after a moments hesitation he said no.

I thought nothing of it until the long journey home, when I had a lot of time to consider it. I'm not sure whether I'm reading into it too much or whether he's serious. If he's serious I'd like to say something like he can talk to me, but if he's joking, that would just be pointless.

Any ideas?

2. StephenSC

I can see how it can go either way (no pun intended). Perhaps he is going through a period of questioning or something along those lines, perhaps he was just been weird. Maybe you are reading to much into it, though if you know him well enough and you think his actions were uncharacteristic then maybe there is something to is.People are complicated.

If you are out to him and are actually a close-ish friend, I wouldn't worry about saying anything, chances are he'd already know he can go to you if he needed support or advice. If your not, maybe just say something simple like "If you weren't joking the other night, you know it wouldn't bother me. I'm here if you need someone to talk to" Your right it would be a little pointless and awkward, but in the end if your that unsure maybe it's better then just letting it slide?

Just my 2cents.