1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is she straight or Bi?! I cannot figure her out!

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Amelie123, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Amelie123

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Basically I've known her for 4 years!
    When I graduated from high we became close and our way of hanging out was working out together constantly... she laughed at everything I said and in some way worshipped me..(this post WILL sound like i'm a conceited twat but i PROMISE I'm just telling you guys what's happened...)
    the girl would comment on everything & point out my looks and style all the time which was beyond sweet and flattering... But I can never tell if she means more?? it's been two years almost and I havn't seen her because of my bad habit of canceling on people last min...
    I made several plans with her when we were both home from college.. but I canceled on her everytime... I don't know why.. I guess a part of me was afraid to just hangout with her ya know?? since on our other hangouts we worked out lol

I feel like she sort of gave up on trying to make plans but still continued to admire from the distance... at one event she talked about my looks and brought herself down so much that her mother was like wtf you done yet? lol I wasn't there... my mother told me... (btw my parents don't know of my sexuality.. only good friends and siblings know and that's how it will stay. But that's another story ignore that)

Anyhow, I'm planning to see her soon and I'm nervous.. I tried to be bold and texted her the other day telling her how beutiful and intelligent I think she is (it was much more well worded than that) and she was so sweet and said how it was the best text esp from someone like me etc and how she was actually thinking of me the day before..

We continued to text for another 10 min and ended on a note that we\'d defy the universe finally and see eachother! (btw she was the one that said "we're going to make it our mission to defy this universe that's trying to keep us apart! haha)

a week later she privately messaged me on social media stating how i may be her "prettiest friend" and then proceeding to say "wait no.. you definitely are"

I was a bit confused by that since she could have just texted me... or posted it publicly? I didn't understand why she privately messaged it to me?

it was harmless not as bad as our other sarcastic convos on our walls? idkkkkk... We jokingly flirt on social media haha (like every other damn straight girl does.....-_-) but yeah... I know she thinks i'm beautiful but i'm wondering if it's more than that? I don't knowwww...

she's always commenting on it and liking everything... and that random inbox was just too odd... considering the history.

She's a very intelligent, charming, well loved, confident girl with a personality and a heart of gold. Not one to be insecure but down to earth.
    She seems open minded in that I've seen her post pics of her and her guyfriends at pride...

For years there have been speculations of her sibling being gay but i'm not sure.. i mean i'm convinced that her sibling is indeed gay or atleast bio considering the events that have occured... lol idk if any of that influences anything...

What should i do? oh she also doesn't know about my sexuality because we're not close enough on that level.

i get mixed signals.. the way she carries herself etc.. it's just TOO CONFUSINg i can't figure her out!
    She has dated a FEW guys before but from what it seems.. she's never heart broken over any of them infact she bounces right back which i've always been curious about lol She's not one to date easily either..
    I've never seen her as the type that just dates people left and right.. and I know she's single right now considering our convos.

I just don't know.. I've always had mixed signals.. but i don't know if that's just my heart betraying my mind or the other way around lol

I don't want to make an ass of myself in the sense that...what if she's just one of those girls that's very comfortable in her sexuality and is straight but is just so comfortable that her actions don't really phase her. I DONTK NOW
    I truly don't know..

That inbox message really threw me off.. and her constant ego stroking... and the " *insert name* !!! I was just thinking about you yesterday." etc etc etc etc all confuses me... alkgh;aksdjfds

HELP

2. Liz

Liz

Good grief! Meet up!! Be lovely, flirt a bit, and see what happens! Sounds like there's a good chance she's into you, and if not she probs won't be all :eek: about it.

3. angel626

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I know you said that you dont know her like that to tell her that your gay but I think maybe you should so you can gauge her reaction. Its scary I know but who knows she can be open minded and accept gay people or she may even bi or gay herself as well. If she is bi or gay maybe she's just like you and doesn't want to say anything yet. Good luck and I hope thing can work out in your favor.