1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what lesbians think of bisexuals

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by notyetproud, Dec 23, 2013.

1. notyetproud

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So I was wondering, do lesbians think bisexuals are like not real? Do you not approve of bisexuals? So all you lovely lesbians, please express your views on bisexuals! Would you ever date one? have you? Do you think we're just confused? Give me your worst!

2. angel626

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know a ton of bisexuals and their all cool. I approve of them; if anything bisexual girls at least from what I've seen have more of a preference for men but enjoy girls every now and then. Which I see nothing wrong with that as long as their dating someone that makes them happy. I have dated a bisexual before and it wasn't the best experience for me; let's just say she did some messed up stuff while we were dating and because of some of the things she did it has caused me to be a little bit more cautious about dating other bi girls.

3. juliegt6

I'd date a bisexual lady. If she were into me, and had similar interests and life views as me.

I know other lesbians who have a negative view on bisexuals because they view them as promiscuous and or really just straight women who like to fool around. If I were to date someone I feel I'd need to look at their character rather than go by the stereotype. To boot, I don't buy that stereotype anyway!

4. babybop1224

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I think they are great. They are the most open and sexually free people. Who cares if they like guys, they still like girls, so they can be more versatile. I'm crushing on a bi girl right now and the thought of her having slept with men doesn't bother me. She is still fine as hell. I don't understand lesbians that hate on bisexuals because it's hypocritical. You are who you are gay, straight, lesbian, trans, whatever you may be. Who cares who you sleep with as long as its not an animal or child. Heck sometimes I wish I was bi. Youre not confused you just like both simple as that.

5. Kellyve

I don't really see why people would think of bisexuals differently than gay people. I don't think it should affect whether you date them or not :slight_smile:

6. fortheloveoflez

Honestly, bisexuality makes the most sense to me as an orientation. Or I guess pansexuality would...I mean why are things restricted by gender? I wish I could love every one like that although I know actually how gay I am.

I have a lot of respect for bisexuals.

In fact, I actually have a huge crush on one at the moment. :slight_smile:

I will say though....girls who call themselves "straight" but then behind close doors act like lesbians or bisexuals....I think I have a much bigger problem with them....I;ve had too many bad experiences of them pursuing me, hurting me and taking advantage of me only to never have the ovaries to admit what they did and come out of the closet

7. Thedistra

I would certainly date one. I only get hit on by bisexuals so I would be rather lonely without them. I will say most of them I know never stayed with a woman, as in they are now married to a man with children and claim to not be bi anymore. I don't judge on them on that though.

8. nikidion

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    nope, why would I think that?

I approve completely (not that they need my approval though)

if I liked her a lot, I would

yes, and both times they turned out to have boyfriends

no

Just to add - I think bisexuality is as real as any other orientation, but when it comes to women, a lot of them seem to treat their bisexuality in very immature ways, as a joke, something for fun weekends or whatever. This is my experience. Not all of them of course, but one has to be careful.

9. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I think it's real and i would date a bisexual if i really liked her but I will try to avoid fakes that like to call themselves bisexual but actually aren't

10. of course I believe it is real, I don't invalidate anyone's orientation.

would I date someone who it? depends on the person I date on personality and more things than that. I really just need trust.

11. unusedbeauty

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well I do believe bisexuality is real, but there are some people who claim to be bisexual and aren't. I personally would be scared to date a bisexual girl because I would be scared that she would pick a guy over me. But if she was a trustworthy girl and I like her I probably wouldn't deny her just cause she I'd bisexual, cause that's crazy .

12. Lipstick Leuger

Bisexuality is real. My 14 year old is a Bi girl. She has posters of a shirtless Thor(Helmsworth) right next to some swimsuit model in a bikini. It is not just a stage, however it can be for some, or used as a reason to be bi-curious.

I have dated both other lesbians and bisexuals. The one gal that did cheat on me, was the Gold star lesbian, she cheated in less than 2 weeks she said she wanted to be exclusive with me. The bisexual gal I dated, never even looked at another person and never cheated. Your lable does not mean anything at all.

I don't cheat, and I identify as Queer Femme because I am not 100% lesbian. I used to ID as exclusively Bi, but that lable did not feel authentic to me, event though I find them very sexy and attractive, males would only be a default setting, not a long term relationship for me. Also, I know I may enjoy one bout of sex with a guy, but I quickly become asexual in a relationship with males(been down that road). To me, even thinking you would consider one time with a male is more than enough to say 'not 100% lesbian'. LOL So Queer Femme it is.

I don't understand why Lesbians would think a Bi girl would leave them for a man. Men are not better in a Bi girls eyes, they are just an option, like steak or chicken, she likes both. A cheater is a cheater, it does not matter who they are with. A Bi girl won't cheat on you any faster than a lesbian, because most people in a relationship are with THAT person, not looking for another one.

#12 Lipstick Leuger, Dec 25, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2013
  13. thekillingmoon

Depends on what sort of person she is and how she sees our relationship. I couldn't be with someone for whom monogamy is not an option.

14. Foster

^This. I'm more gay than bisexual but I would definitely date a bisexual girl. It is a legitimate sexuality, and no one should treat it otherwise. Biphobia is just as bad as homophobia.

15. Kamina

I identify as lesbian or bi strongly prefering girls, so I really don't care. A girl is a girl, trans, bi, pan, queer, gay. If you like me and I like you thats cool and we should explore that. As long as you aren't cheating we're good.

16. bb1984

i personally don't care to date bis. I just feel that ultimately they are going to trade me in for a man since being heterosexual is more acceptable, easier etc. I also feel like they would just be with me and consider it a phase but eventually they would want the whole hetero marriage, kids, picket fence etc. It just seems like I'd end up getting hurt.