1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sometimes demi?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by 88Keys, Dec 24, 2013.

1. 88Keys

Out Status:
    A few people
    At this point in time the best label I've found for my orientation is demi pansexual. I was pretty certain about the demisexual part of that because the only guy I'm sexually attracted to is my boyfriend. Thinking back on crushes I've had on guys, the attraction was romantic and physical, but not sexual. The same was true with my boyfriend until I got to know him better and grew more attached to him; now I am sexually attracted and frequently fantasize about him. But I've noticed something a bit strange. I've never had a crush on a girl the same way I have with guys, and when I am attracted to a girl, it's much more physical and sexual attraction than it is romantic. As for nonbinary folks, well, I don't know. I prefer "pan" over "bi" because I feel I'd be open to dating a nonbinary person, but in my small, Bible Belt town, I've never had the pleasure of meeting one. I've only come across them online.

So basically, it seems I'm demisexual toward guys, but not girls. I find it harder to imagine dating one than having sex with one. (I'm a virgin but I have quite the imagination :grin:) What could this mean?