1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extremely Confused

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Mathnskating, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Mathnskating

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I hope I'm putting this in the right category. I've fallen in love with a very dear friend of mine, and she has fallen for me. It has been a long time coming. Most people who knew us knew that we liked each other before we knew. Which is odd.

The point is. I love her, and she loves me, and we want to date. So we... Decided to date. Neither of us have been with another woman before. We don't really know what we are doing. We just... Fell in love.

I'm trying to not over think this all at once, but it is really hard. I have always identified as straight, but I've had crushes on girls before. I just sort of pretended they didn't happen. Most of my time my reasoning was that I also had crushes on men, so if I just ignored the girl crushes I could just keep being straight without any problems.

Except I've never had a great experience with guys. I've never had a desire to have sex with anyone, ever. I don't know exactly how to process it. The first bit is easy. I definitely am in love with this woman. I definitely want to be with her, and no one I've ever dated has made me feel the way I do when I spend time with her. I've never been so comfortable with anyone I've ever dated.

However I have no idea how to deal with this. I'm trying hard not to think about labels, or anything. I'm not quite there yet. It is kind of a huge change. I suppose it will just be an adjustment period. Ride out the emotional waves.