1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why I am not interested in dating/sex??

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by dudette, Dec 29, 2013.

1. dudette

Basically, I don't understand this one thing about myself.
    Why I am not interested in sex and dating?
    I mean, I do experience sexual and romantic attraction towards people, but I just can't imagine myself happy with another person, and I don't understand why this happens.
    When I was younger, I thought it was just a phase, but now I am 19 and I still have it.

2. Foxface

My first question to you would be how to respond to friends? Can you be around others in an intimate (not sexual or romantic) manner?

Can you be with one or two people by yourself without a problem?

Foxface

3. dudette

yes I can be with one or two people by myself without a problem

#3 dudette, Dec 29, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2013
  4. Foxface

ok so it's not a personality thing. Well then you have to question yourself on somehthing. At a time when you are calm and collected think about whether or not it really bothers you. There are plenty of people who aren't interested in dating and it's just fine for them. I don't think there is anything abnormal at all about what you said here. The only time it becomes maladaptive is if it harms you socially, emotionally, etc

Now the other question you can choose to answer us here or keep it to yourself

You say you can't fathom being happy with someone else. Can/Are you happy with yourself?

Foxface

5. dudette

I mean I love to be around other people, but when it comes to sex and dating I just feel more happy with myself. I got concern about this because a friend of my asked me why I have no girlfriend, and I said I never felt the real need for it, and she said it is weird because its human's natural need to be with another person.

6. sam the man

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No, it's not abnormal I don't think. I'm the same way, I haven't and still don't see or feel the need to commit myself to a relationship yet. Yeah I suppose it is human nature to want to be with another person, but firstly that doesn't apply to everyone and secondly it comes to different people at different times. And some people are more solitary by nature anyway. Either way, it's not causing anyone any problems so why see it as a bad thing?

7. Carbine

To me, this is something you just kinda...go with, y'know? It's not a big deal if you're not attracted to anyone. You're just not. Maybe you haven't found "the right person," maybe you're just not in the right place in your life for something like that. I'd try not to sweat it too much. If you don't want to be with anyone cool, but if something starts to happen...and you're alright with it...I'd say don't fight it.

8. Mogget

Some people are asexual. Some people are aromantic. Some people are neither, but only get interested in sex and dating at a later age. Unless it distresses you, I wouldn't worry about it.

9. dudette

is it possible that I am asexual/aromantic if I am indifferent/not interested sex and dating or it is just personality??

---------- Post added 29th Dec 2013 at 09:58 PM ----------

my friend asked me if I am asexual, and I said that I am not sure if this is sexuality or personality; therefore, I am asking this

#9 dudette, Dec 29, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2013