1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just have no idea if I'm in denial or not

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by paranoidkid, Dec 30, 2013.

1. paranoidkid

Okay well basically what the title says. I'm just not sure. Hence I am confused. But some people on here know me and realize the stuff I freak out about and how silly it could be. And they know how I have ocd and stuff. But sometimes something can happen and I will not know if it was me or if it was my overthinking. I'm not going to bring up any examples. But I just needed to get this out of my system since probably telling anyone else would do me no good so.i thought the best place to let it out was here, thank you!

---------- Post added 30th Dec 2013 at 06:32 AM ----------

Ah wth I'll add this too. So anyways I kinds feel like I'm in denial. But in denial of being bisexual, I'm you are gunna say lime the whole process thing where you actually think your bi first and all that but that's not my situation and I can't connect with it. Anyways I loved girls my whole life, sexually emotionally, the tingling feeling and the whole 9 yards of a straight guy. But now I *think* I am starting to find another part of myself possibly. I started out when I worried that I would be gay, and I started accepting it I'm my mind. Then out of no where it hit me like a huge slap to the face, I got a huge attraction to female again. I never felt anything for guys and still have not at this point. But I am still attracted to girls and ik that for sure. I just feel like I'm in denial about an attraction to.guys *possibly*. We there it's 50/50 or even just a small attraction. Anyways I seem to fluctuate between guys and girls, I just am not sure if guys is an actual attraction or not, and I am not coming out to anyone yet since I do not feel comfortable telling anyone. Well I have been telling my one friend I think I am bi sexual, I have done that a few times. But then I end up going back and saying "wait no I'm straight and ik that for sure now". Anyways, how can I get out of this denial part if it is denial? If it isn't then obviously I will know that in the future but I'm worried about now not the future. And right now I want to know how to deal with denial incase tht is the problem.

---------- Post added 30th Dec 2013 at 06:37 AM ----------

Sorry for any spelling mistakes! Try and make out what I said! And ik I said I fluctuate between guys and girls, but I really don't too much, I ment it in a way where like it's usually girls, but then I have an occasional situation that I either make up in my head or a situation that happens that makes me think guys *might* be in there. This is just y he case of not knowing whether it is my obsessive mind playing games with em since I worry about it so much or if it is true! Liek having a therapist helps to talk, but I don't like the fact that she keeps telling me I'm straight still, because if it's denial all she is doing is helping me feed into it. But it's a great help, and then I have EC to help me as well!

2. sanguine

Well from what Im reading you probably care too much about what other people might think of you

I suggest taking a breather and try not caring so much about why you are attracted to men and just go with what ever sticks, if you are attracted to this girl or what ever, go with that.

I dont know how old you are but Im pretty sure you're young enough to keep trying something new until you find something comfortable.