1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One answer, more questions....

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by momart, Dec 30, 2013.

1. momart

Where to start.
    My head has been driving me crazy.

I think I have discovered that I have actually been suppressing my sexual attraction/urges/energy my whole life.
    I think I have never actually experienced these "amazing" animalistic energies when it has come to sex. The only experience I've had ( with both men and women ) has been like something I just did because it was expected of me. I thought I wanted it, I thought this was what was meant by "great sex" . But it was never really a priority for me and while having a relationship was, and the romance, and loving, and making a partner feel good, I never felt the need to have sex ( okay maybe just a lil bit).

Now, it could be that I am only feeling these urges for the first time, ( or I am having acid flashbacks but I think the former is more likely :L ). But if that is the case, I am VERY selective it would seem when it comes to these uncontrolable feelings. ( it's like a surge or impulse.).

I am finding more and more that I don't want to kiss men, but I still want the attention, or I want the company of one man, but I am not wanting sex with them as much ( if at all ). And while I think I am beginning to discover my true attractions for females, I don't want to act on it just yet, and I think I will only be able to do it with someone I either know and am very attracted to, or get to know someone I find attractive. No one night stands.

I still feel like I have a couple straight ONS in me and I like the cuddling and romantic aspects a man can give, and I only feel that way about certain girls ( but I see them as more sisters and I would feel weird having sex with them ).

I feel like I have past the point of no return in so many aspects of my life right now. I feel like I don't think I can put my sexuality to the back burner for much longer, and that I must deal/face it now. But I still feel like I want to end up with a man, or at least have myself a male bestfriend I can cuddle and occassionally have sex with, and have a female lover...or two.

I feel a bit paranoid that so many people in my life are in the closet ( like my parents or my friends and junk like this ) and I don't know how much stock to put in that ( because as rediculous as it sounds I believe there is valid reasons ) and then I start to think maybe everyone is a little gay/bi/whatever..... I also feel like everyone can tell or judge ( i am a target for judgement enough from the way i dress and always have been.... went through all the phases ). I know a few people like me who I assume are closeted but want to come out, but i don't feel open enough to talk about this. I'm not ready to have any serious discussion with someone in real life about this and I wil;l only be ready to kiss a girl if the moment takes me. But if a guy kisses me, ( or the one guy i think i could love ) I will go with that too, because I do enjoy them ( and kissing in general ), it just feels a bit lack lustre although i think if i practice mindfulness and stay in the moment as opposed to worrying, it could be better.....

Sorry for the rant but when one thing seems clear ( and that terrifies me ) it takes a while to accept. And then that brings on even more questions. It's like my whole life I just assumed all my relationships had no problems and sex just wasn't all that ( even solo jobs were just okay ) but these new feelings make me think I've just suppressed a lot or genuinely only felt them recently..... More questions and more denial to face I think.....:bang::bang::bang:

2. Kittykat

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I have no advice to give or any comment on your situation other than, wow, after reading all of that, I can relate to it so much! The whole thing about sex and wanting to be with a man and yet still having these other feelings... :-/ that's what I'm totally confused about in my post.
    Just want to say (even though it's not advice) at least there's at least one person on here I can relate to with such a situation. Makes me feel a little better, I guess.
    Hope you get the answers you're searching for and things become more clear.