1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Completly lost

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by myownuniverse, Jan 1, 2014.

1. myownuniverse

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey, I am new here and as I didn't find answers in the threads I red I start a new one.

So I am 26, I never have a relationship neither with a boy or a girl.

I am a virgin because of that in fact. I have a few boyfrineds during high school but nothing really serious. Although i think I was in love with my first boyfriend, I was too young to be sure.

Anyway, I have always been really close to my friends, but one day I met a girl who put the definition of friendship in an all new level. I was so happy with her, without any advice though she just stop talking to me. I was devastated, and it leads me to the dark path of suicidal attemps. Anyway it's been 12 years know and I still think about her every day.

I find myself being attract to another girl last year, the hole thing, anxious when I watch her, I find myself in the impossibility to go talk to her but I am not someone shy, that is why I understand that I was attracted to her in another way that just frienship, and it is when I understand that I might be romantically attracted to girls.

Since then I feel like I am free, like I start to understand, I don't know what I am but I think I will find out soon. I came out to my close friends really fast because I was lost and so unconfortable, and i am obsessed with understanding myself, they accept it and they know I have a lot to think to figure it out.
    I read, and watch a lot of things about lesbian too

So here are my questions:
    Do you think that my attraction to women is a sign of bisexuality or even lesbianism?

Do you think the fact that i never had a relationship with anybody push me in the direction to in a way extend my possibilities at happyness ?(I know it sound so awful to say that that way... I don't know how to put it differently though)

Thanks for reading my rant by the way.

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Bonjour, myownuniverse, Welcome to EC!

Attraction to anyone, if it involves an emotional as well as sexual component is definitely a sign that you are less than straight. Other than that, no one can tell but you if you are bi or lesbian. Only you can decide that, but it has to be a decision based on your head and your heart, with a strong dose of imagination (as in seeing yourself in such a relationship).

There may be many reasons why you have not had a relationship yet, but you yourself have opened a very interesting question...so what do you think?

3. myownuniverse

Out Status:
    A few people
    I am always questionning myself and my choices and I have a really low self esteem of myself, but I am a really kind, and honest person.

I would hate for it to be just a mean because I crave for company. If it is, it's completly without my approbation and so a subconscient thing.

I didn't have a relationship because I have no idea how to do it first, second, nobody ever really show any interest in me in that way, since high school that is. I admit that I so close myself and have just 2 friends with who I hang sometimes, but we never go out so it's hard to meet new people, and I am not able to go out by myself because of anxiety issues.

That is why, and also I have no idea how to hit on people who I am interested in...

Thank you for the welcome and the answer :grin: