1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another question - is she or isn't she?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Tightrope, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Please help out here. While it's not absolutely necessary to know this, I am a little mystified.

There's a young lady in college. Her manner of dress, when dressed up, is decidedly feminine, as is her voice. Her personality is a little bit "harder," for lack of a better word.

Some of the girls she hangs around with are not girly-girls, she accompanied another girl to her prom while in high school and dressed in a tux, supposedly as a joke and because the girl did not have a date, and doesn't really date or express much of an interest in boys or young men.

Any thoughts?

2. Foster

Myeh, me and my best friend always go to dances together. She's straight, but very much a tomboy so she'll wear a tie and such, whereas I'll wear a very girly dress. Someone's style doesn't really indicate sexuality, if that's what you're getting at.

3. myownuniverse

Out Status:
    A few people
    I would say that she is not necessarly gay.
    I mean I never talk about my love life or show any interest in anybody because honestly I became tired of searching someone.
    As a matter of fact it turns out that I don't know who I love anymore but it's not a big deal for me, I will figure it out.
    You can't know if she is gay or even bi, she can also be straight and just very private about her love life.
    And as I learn a lot you really can't say the sexual orientation of anyone by the way they dress. Maybe she is questionning though.

4. Mogget

I've said it before and I'll say it again: the only way to know someone's sexual orientation is if they tell you. I've known straight women who were total tomboys, lesbians who were completely feminine, and everything in between.

5. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for all the responses. I'm generally not too concerned with this sort of stuff, especially when it comes to a girl who could be my daughter, but there's a longer story to it than that. Thanks again.