1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what if i never figure out my sexuality??

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by heckarooni, Jan 2, 2014.

1. heckarooni

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    well basically im 14 and i cant figure out my sexuality at all, and i know that i have time to figure it out and i dont have to know now, but its always on my mind 24/7 no matter how much i try to not think about it. im always thinking about my sexuality and im just freaking out because it doesnt make sense like sometimes im 100% sure im gay but then sometimes im 100% sure im straight and what if i never figure it out? im just panicking because i think about it all the time and its legitimately messing up my life, i cant focus in class because im thinking about my sexuality and it keeps me up at night a lot and i just really really dont know what to do. i wish i could stop thinking about it but i really cant.

2. Convoy

You'll find your way eventually regardless of if you never define yourself sexually. The more I know people in established and varied relationships the more you learn that it really does not matter if you define yourself for the sake of other people and the more you learn to be who you feel comfortable as.

Sexuality is a confusing thing that realistically does not have a fixed time point or name, many people believe that sexuality is fluid and will continue to change as you grow and age with new experiences and relationships that will continually effect your views and decisions.

In short, don't worry about it. Relationships are hard, if they should be avoided or not is entirely up to you however they should always be healthy ones based around trust and self reliance, never consuming your life.

Also at least in my experience, High school (and related) was hell'ish. The constant hounding of people that knew no more that I did and the pressures to conform were just irritating, however it get's better from there; realistically nobody lives like that in the real world and you can always choose where you go.

Live your life like the Person that you want to be and don't worry about the sexuality, it'll fall into place eventually. Take care of yourself, but don't use it as a scapegoat to prevent who you are as a person, if you can.

Good luck :slight_smile:.

3. lauren15

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Though homo/bisexuality is sometimes deemed "wrong" in typical high schools, there's always a pressure to label what you are. But sometimes not being anything is perfectly okay. The point is that you find someone you love. And that person could be anyone of any gender or gender identity.

4. MossyCave

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Make sure you'd be okay with any outcome, don't hope for any particular outcome, like don't think to yourself "I don't want to be gay", or anything. Then you'll just need to practice distracting yourself and you'll find your way eventually. I still don't have it figured out, and I used to think about it every single second of my life for years. It stressed me out, gave me headaches, made me tired, I didn't have any hobbies anymore. But I'm okay now, I still think about it but it doesn't stress me out at all. Just focus on other aspects of your life for at least a little while each day.

5. heckarooni

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    remember 14 year old me omg ur really gay

6. Lipstick Leuger

It's ok, you never have to figure it out, just date who you want to. That is all. No labels required.

7. Feelunique

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I feel old thinking of 14. At 14 I was in the same place as you. I hated that age in school. As best you can let the dumb comments of others slide off. Honestly follow and stick with the friends that equal you. Don't beat yourself up. You will figure out who you are!