1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help finding who I am

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by aimswea, Jan 4, 2014.

1. aimswea

Okay so basically I really want to find out who I am, because being 15 and still not knowing is one of the most confusing things ever. I got confused as to who I was after a rumour was spread about me being bisexual, though I've never even kissed a girl or a guy, and it spread pretty quick through all the gossiping which happens in a girl's school.

Not long after I decided to wonder whether this could have been true, and I developed a crush on one of my closest friends, but it was just for a few weeks and I got over it, because I started liking a boy, more because of his good looks than anything, although he was quite sweet and had a amazing personality, but then he got a girlfriend but we are still mates.

Now last month or so she came out at school as bi, that her and one of my friends were together, that she had a girlfriend for nearly 6 months without telling me. This was quite a lot to take in, but honestly I always suspected she was bi since we first became close, becaise I could just tell, and could see there was something going on between these two. Her girlfriend was jealous of how close me and my frind were, even though the girlfriend has known me for nearly 10 years. But I did like my friend before she came out I suppose, I told nobody though, but it was before her and her girlfriend began seeing eachother by a few months, now my feelings are just that she is one of my best friends, but I did like her because, like, more her personality to start with, not because of her looks, although she is drop-dead gorgeous anyway.

But I was thinking the other night whether I was into girls, boys or both. Truthfully, I think many girls are really pretty, nothing more though, like I prefer the bodies of men, such as a six pack, muscles and whatever. But I also think that girls are way easier to talk to, but I still think many boys have great personalities too, so do girls. But I dunno, because I could see myself being in a relationship with a boy in the near future, not so much a girl, but whenever I picture my perfect, far-off future I can just imagine me, a house, a great career, all my friends, but I never really think of who I'd be with. I really hope someone could tell me, what they think, give me advice, just anything really, it would be much appreciated :help: :kiss: xxxxxxx

#1 aimswea, Jan 4, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
  2. Simple Thoughts

From what I've read it sounds like you are definitely straight, but I'm hardly an expert. It seems like you were curious at one point, but you've been coming into yourself lately and are more interested in men than women.

3. EleanorHunter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't feel bad about being confused at 15. Everyone confronts these feelings at a different time. And you don't have to kiss anyone to figure out your sexuality, so don't worry about that either!

Now, have you ever considered your romantic orientation? It can be different from your sexuality. To me, sexuality is who you find physically attractive, who you'd want to kiss, and so on. Your romantic orientation, on the other hand, is who you really feel a connection with, whose personality you love, etc.

From what I've read, you sound like you'd be a biromantic heterosexual. I'm no expert on this, I'm just guessing from what you've explained. While you can appreciate a girl's features and find her attractive, you seem to actually enjoy the features of a guy more. When it comes to personality and communication though, both genders are a possibility.

I know it can be really confusing, but you're not alone! There are plenty of us who are confused, or have just decided to abandon labels altogether. Don't worry about it too much.