1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some help and advice

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by JayGee, Jan 6, 2014.

1. JayGee

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I don't know if this is the right category to post this but here it goes:

I have a male friend who's been straight all his life, never cast a glance towards boys and never held interest in having same-sex relationships. However it has recently changed, he finds himself reacting whenever guys glance his way and doesn't know how to react aside from being embarrassed. It's a whole new feeling for him and he's not sure if he enjoys it or not. The idea of being with guys doesn't displease him so much anymore and he's got quite a feeling that he might be bissexual, however it's all too new to him so he can't help being nervous and lost.
    I'm his confident and close friend and I'm the only one aware of his dilemma. I try to support him and give him advice but I'm not exactly the most expert person in that field so I don't know what to tell him or how he should proceed about his new-found interest.
    If anyone knows of some way to help him or advise him, I'd be really grateful since he's one of my closest friends and it pains me watching him struggle with this dilemma.

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well all he can really DO about it, is see where it goes and what happens with the feelings. If he's bisexual or gay he can't CHANGE that, and if he is straight he will notice a difference between the feelings of attraction he has for girls and the feelings he gets around guys.

Try and get him to think about what he is actually feeling when a guy looks at him. Does it feel like attraction or is it something different? If he were alone and tried to think about a guy sexually, would he enjoy it?