1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SENSUAL Attraction? Woah. *Lightbulb*

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by WallWeed, Jan 6, 2014.

1. WallWeed

Though I've known that I'm definitely some form of demi-, it didn't quite feel right to call myself "demisexual," as I've never really felt a desire to participate in actual "sex," as it were, but I couldn't accept the complete asexuality implied in a "demiromantic" label, as I do crave kissing, cuddling, spooning, skin contact, general intimate closeness, and even nakedness to some extent, so I was torn as to what to call myself.

Then, I just stumbled upon something called sensual attraction, and it was like a eureka moment, as it seemed to describe EXACTLY how I feel, but I feel a bit silly for using such an obscure label.

I can imagine it now..

"Ah, yes, I am indeed a highly romantic genderqueer demihomosensual. Behold my unparalleled uniqueness and observe in awestruck wonder as I shit unicorns and groom my pet polar bear."

But seriously... Is anyone else here familiar with this so called, "sensual attraction," or am I just absurd to consider seriously adopting this label?

I know, I know, labels are for pickle jars and it doesn't really matter in the end, but I think they can be helpful for differentiation purposes.

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well since the terms came about as a way of describing exactly what you are talking about then no it wouldn't be COMPLETELY absurd. I mean if you ever have to tell anyone your orientation they might give you one of those 'the FUCK are you talking about' kind of looks, but if it works for you then great!