1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fast acceptance of being gay, bi, etc.?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by OpenMind, Jan 6, 2014.

1. OpenMind

Hey there!

I follow this website for a while now and I (obviously) noticed that there are a lot of people who have a quite difficult time about accepting their sexuality and orientation and I was wondering, if there are some people here as well for whom it was easy to accept it and this also in a very short time (like a few days)?

I hope you understand what I am trying to ask :grin:

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It took me about half an hour to go from 'damn that's hot' to 'guess I'm pansexual, but that's doesn't include what I'm certain was a long time of thinking about it subconsciously.

Once it got to the front of my mind and I actually actively thought about it, it didn't take long at all because I know there is nothing wrong with it.

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If it counts, I went from "confused" to acceptance of being bi fairly quickly, with no identifiable grieving process. I guess I still consider it the "easy mode" of being GSM, because on the outside, nothing is really different.

4. yep

yep

For me, I had an inkling since I was 12, but I never really put much thought into it. Then, earlier this year, I met a guy who was openly gay and that made me reevaluate my sexuality. From the time I started seriously reevaluating my sexuality to the time I accepted I'm gay, it took about one month!

5. AKTodd

Took 30min or less (or your next one's free:wink: ). I had hooked up for the second time with the second guy I had ever been with. He was also the first where I initiated everything.

He was driving me home and I thought about what we'd done, how much I'd liked it, that I'd initiated it from start to finish, and that I'd never once had any attraction to women. Figured I could either accept that I was gay or continue playing mind-games with myself that I was experimenting. I have very little patience for mind games so that was that. My next thought was 'I'm hungry, what should I have for dinner when I get home?'

There was never anything like issues with religion or worrying about family or friends or society accepting me. Was already an atheist and was raised not to care what family or friends or society thought about my personal life (or much else really).

Todd