1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not sure what I am (as my name shows)

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by NotSureWhatIam, Jan 7, 2014.

1. NotSureWhatIam

I don't know exactly what to call myself. I know that labeling is a silly thing, but in the end its always good to know where you stand. I have been into guys since I could remember (probably as early as 1st grade) and I have had "encounters" with other males before. Whenever someone asks me "why don't you have a girlfriend" or my best friend says "we need to get you a girlfriend" I kinda shrug it off. My first love was a man, and I mean love, not infatuation. I have only had one real girlfriend and part of me thinks thats because I'm not looking in the right area. When I think of an attractive woman I think "I'd do 'er" but when I look at an attractive man I get a different feeling like "I wanna get to know him". Its been this way as long as I can remember even in my repressed Christian family and schooling. How do you know if you are gay or bi? I'm capable of being in relationships with women but it doesn't interest me, I think I'd be capable of a relationship with a man but the thought scares me for some reason.

:bang:

2. Caillin

You could be bisexual but lean towards males.

3. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "the thought scares me for some reason." Given what you told us in the previous couple of sentences I think we can have a fairly good guess why it might scare you!

How do you know if you're bi or gay? Depends. I knew I was pansexual when I realised I'd never been more turned on by anything in my life than I was by the h-game involving a trans girl I was playing. Others have known they were gay when they realised they have little to no interest in the opposite sex!

Essentially, it is what you are comfortable with. That is how you decide.

4. NotSureWhatIam

Just typing this out has made me generally happier. I think I'm bi with a preference for men but I have been told that is just an excuse for people who are gay that havn't come to terms with it.

5. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Then you've been told wrong :slight_smile:

6. NotSureWhatIam

Thanks for your help, I'm still a bit unsure but maybe sticking around here (EC) will help me figure it out. I like this place, for the anonymity and helpfulness.