1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So Confused!

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by jmill1234, Jan 8, 2014.

1. jmill1234

jmill1234 Guest

Okay, so I've gone out with two girls and I really liked them both. The relationships both lasted around half a year. But lately, I've started to notice guys at school. I've never been with a guy and I've never kissed one, so I don't know what it feels likeā€¦ Some advice would be really helpful! :icon_bigg

2. buddhistpizza41

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I can totally relate.

Right, let's review- you've dated girls, and you liked it. This suggests that you aren't gay, and maybe means you may simply be questioning but ultimately straight.

You "began to notice" guys. Okay, maybe you're bisexual, maybe just bicurious. Or straight. The fact is, you've begun to view other males in a romantic or sexual context. Precisely what this translates to, only time will tell. The best advice I can give you is to be patient. Love is a very complicated business, and so it takes ages to untangle the elaborate knots it can tie in weird places. Eventually, there will come a time when you know the nature of your sexuality, but there is no rush. Just go with the flow, live life, and let the truth reveal itself when it- and, ergo, you- are ready.

Blessed Journey,
    BP

3. pinkandfreetobe

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    'I really liked them both' - probably means you were attracted to them. which probably means you are straight or somewhere close.

Also, you are only 16. A large majority of adolescents go through the same-sex attraction stage. This doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Either way, worrying about it is useless and produces no results.

I understand at 16, everything is a life or death situation. I was there too, how I longed for immediate answers and solutions to my problems (sometimes even now, I still do)

Everything gets clearer in time. So let go and enjoy yourself.

If you, like you say, you are noticing boys, why not strike up a conversation with some of them. Get to know who they are, what they like and if you guys have a good relationship (friendship or watever)

During the course of that, your feeling might get a little clearer.

Good luck