1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really Scared

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Cas, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Cas

Cas

For seventeen years, I've been going through life with the assumption that I'm straight.
    But in the past couple of months, this assumption has been beginning to crumble. Recently, I've discovered that I like both men and women.

Although I'm 'questioning', I have a very strong suspicion that I'm bisexual and I don't know what to do.

My family's opinion on same sex relationships is not very favorable, which makes me even more afraid of my newfound sexual orientation. And I guess, in a sense, I'm still in denial myself. I'm pretty scared and overwhelmed.

If some of you could help me at all, I'd be so grateful. I don't know where to even begin.

2. Jess15

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey!
    A lot of people have been through this, the only thing to "do" is stop worrying about it so much cause it definitely won't make it easier! My family's opinion is not favorable on same sex relationships either and my mum's reaction was quite bad but it has changed absolutely nothing in our relationship, we just don't talk about it that's all cause I'm still the same person and she knows that! It is about you, not your family, and nobody can judge you. Just wait and see, and try not to think about it too much! The only thing that can make you understand yourself is time, at some point you'll know, until then don't force yourself to do things you don't want to do. Xxx

3. Cas

Cas

Thanks so much for responding! c:
    So I guess for me, the most important thing is time. 'Time will tell', as they say.