1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do I find men more attractive but fall in love with women?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by frenchmauve, Jan 9, 2014.

1. frenchmauve

I am sexually attracted to men's faces, bodies, expressions, genitals, you name it. If I look at naked photos it's always of men.

I love everything about them - their backs, their arms, their lips, their forearms.

I find women's bodies pretty in the way you would think a painting was. But I would never fantasize about their bodies. However, all the people I fall in love with are women (when I am in love with a woman I can't stop thinking about the sound of her voice when she's angry or the way she ties her hair in a bun or even how she pours cereal into a bowl, not her body though).

I have never fallen in love with a man. When I have sex with a man I don't get attached at all, and I'm wondering why.

Most lesbians I know don't find men attractive, but I do. I love kissing men and feeling their bodies against me and when I masturbate I think about men. In contrast, I cannot orgasm when I think about women.

My friend thinks it's because I'm emotionally attracted to women but sexually attracted to men. What does that even mean?

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Basically it means exactly what it sounds like. Physically you like guys, but you currently lack the romantic connection that could make you take it the next step to falling in love with a guy. With girls, you have the romantic side but you don't have the physical part.

To be honest it could be something as simple as just not meeting a guy you thought of in the right way (I'm sure you don't find ALL women romantically appealing) or it could be something more complicated!

What KIND of men do you find attractive?

3. frenchmauve

Thanks for helping! That's the thing - there isn't really a kind of man I'm attracted to. It's just a stereotypical hot man. Pretty much anyone with a handsome face, a lean muscular body, an aggressive voice is enough for me.

I've had lesbian sex before and it was fine (about the same as hetero sex for me).

The problem I find most men sort of boring. Women are so complex and fascinating to me. I just don't know how I'll end up with a woman if I'm not attracted to her body.

4. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Perhaps I'm a little confused here, but your profile says you're male...?

When you say most men are boring, is this based on men you've actually met or just an idea based on this 'hot man stereotype'?