1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not sure if I'm Bi or Gay

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by TheGuardian, Jan 10, 2014.

1. TheGuardian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My entire life I've never really felt attracted to women, I simply don't feel as if I'd want to do anything with them. I've come to terms with myself on liking guys, now I'm not sure if that's the only thing I like.

2. Indie419

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I understand how you feel, you are not alone, have you dated a guy? Or had an crush that was so deep? Its ok, others have told me to let others pressure u into making a label on yourself, also thats wonderful that you have come to terms that you like guys!

---------- Post added 10th Jan 2014 at 06:47 PM ----------

Woops error! * to not let people pressure you*

3. TheGuardian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've never been in a relationship, I've never had any kind of romantic encounter because I was unsure what gender I preferred. I now know I like guys, but not sure if I ever accepted the thought of dating a female. I have a crush on this guy at my school, but he's straight (though not 100% sure).

Also, pretty cool talking to someone else from Tennessee, I despise this state so much...

4. Indie419

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah so glad you are opening up about you! I am opening up too and o I see, well its s nw journey for you, yeah im new around tenn, im actually from ohio!

---------- Post added 10th Jan 2014 at 07:47 PM ----------

New journey! U never know about the guy thats straight too, but i see what you are saying

5. TheGuardian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Lol, what on earth made you come to Tennessee? The blues, rednecks, or country music? Lol.

6. Indie419

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ha, why do you despise it?

---------- Post added 10th Jan 2014 at 07:55 PM ----------

Lol i know right!

7. TheGuardian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well the specific county I'm in is very bias and !EXTREMELY! religious. Someone at my school came out gay, he got beat up and his parents made him go through purification. Also, anti-gay marriage is in the constitution.

actually, according to this Tennessee is the second worst state to live in if your LGBT:

2) Tennessee: Home of the Grand Ole Opry, Elvis, Jack Daniels, Beale Street blues, and the worst state legislature in America. Soon after stepping into office in 2011, Governor Bill Haslam signed an anti-gay bill prohibiting local non-discrimination statutes, thus overturning the Nashville ordinance because the state statute neglects to include protections for gender identity and sexual orientation. Ever since voters passed a constitutional ban on same sex marriage in 2006, the legislature began ramping up their anti-gay agenda, merrily focusing on legislation such as "Don’t Say Gay" (in the midst of two gay teens committing suicide), or changes to Tennessee's anti-bullying law to allow students to speak against gays for…religious reasons, or this gem — the transphobic bathroom bill.

If that's not enough to keep LGBT families on edge, the Tennessee Democrat Party, after reigning for the past 147 years, now has so few seats in the General Assembly that they're basically irrelevant. Party chairman Chip Forrester, after overseeing the dismantling of his party, announced his exit — 12 days before the election. In contrast, nine county GOP chapters condemned Governor Haslam for hiring gays, Democrats, and Muslims. Community acceptance ain't no duck walk either; hate crime, bigotry, and discrimination set the stage. The coming year could leave many singing the blues.

8. Indie419

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Omg! Im glad you told me this! Good to know, i was wondering if there are any lgbt communit here because i wanted to be apart of it and thats horrible, for the family doing that :frowning2: i believe in learning to love ourselves

---------- Post added 10th Jan 2014 at 08:19 PM ----------

Community*

9. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'll pitch in from your neighboring state! I'm in kind of the same boat actually. I've dated a girl and think girls are attractive. But I've come to terms with liking guys and find myself thinking about them a whole lot more than girls. Once I start exploring how things are romantically and physically with guys, I'll get a better sense of who I am and what I want.

10. TheGuardian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think I'm gay guys. I suppose the only think holding me back was the fact I didn't want to let go of the little straightness, that I never truly had. I feel so much better now. :grin:

Hi neighbor ^.^ :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey I'm glad you've found yourself! Congrats neighbor. It's a big step.

12. TheGuardian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks, I feel so much better now. I'm considering telling my family, but that's for another day. I don't think I'm ready to tell them.

13. Indie419

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Aw, thats wonderful! And take your time, i havent told my mom yet, only my grandma and cousin know in my family