1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why did i get use to being a lesbian so quickly ?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by stocking, Jan 11, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I found out I'm lesbian a couple of weeks ago yet i find weird that I got use to it so quickly and love being a lesbian . When i first found out i liked girls and thought i was bi I cried and it took me a long time to get use to it but when i figured out my actually sexuality i'm very happy people have even said that they notice i'm more confident and happy .
    I'm wondering how the heck am i feeling so comfortable with this and even happy and excited about what life has in store for me . can any of you guys relate or felt like this before ?

2. Pete1970

Hi stocking,

When i got back to work from my appointment and told my therapist i was gay (1st person i told), my coworkers actually asked me if i did drugs while i was gone because i was like a totally different person. I think it was such a many year buildup that when it came out it was like a cloud was lifted

3. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

It is possible. Everyone has different feelings.

About me, I get use to being gynesexual VERY quickly (I said to myself "Hey, you like girls! Okay!".

It was different about my gender identity (but this is another story).

4. Envira

I know exactly how you feel. This is what it was like for me. I still sometimes have my doubts, but i'm comfortable where I am. Being bi was awkward and it felt like a lie.

5. bitheway7

It is kinda strange...so much has changed for me in the past two years (realized I'm not hetero, moved out of my parents place, graduated, started dating a trans gal, left the Mormon church, somewhat lost my family, etc). I've kinda just rolled with it.

6. jvn95

That's awesome you feel better.

When I first came out, I became very anxious and finicky. I HAD to tell someone.

After months, (cheesy alert) I grew to accept it and one night I finally just lost it. It was raining outside and the thunder was very loud. I went in the backyard and looked straight up into the rain and said that everything was going to be okay. I smiled and I danced in the rain for a long time. I had never felt so liberated in my entire life before.

It is different for different people.

Be yourself, everyone says, It really does make you happier :slight_smile:

7. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeah that's how I felt something in me was telling me I wasn't bi

8. Kamina

I felt the same way. I just kinda had an epiphany and was like yep... I'm gay. But it didn't bother me I just accepted it. After though I continued to go through periods where I questioned myself A LOT. Now not so much.

9. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I still question myself but i feel pretty gay