1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it just a phase?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by atirum18, Jan 12, 2014.

1. atirum18

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So, I am a fourteen year old teenager who hasn't come out or anything. but i'm not sure if i'm gay or not in the first place. I was talking to my father about one of my gay best friends and he said that he is just going through a phase and we're too young to know if we're gay. my mom guessed that i wasn't exactly straight. but my dad has no idea.

i like girls. a lot. and i'm not sure if that is just because i like watching callie and arizona n grey's anatomy and think it would be cool to have a partner. or if i am actually gay. i mean, i have never dated/kissed a girl, but i have had relationships with males and all of them were awkward and annoying in my opinion. and i'm defiantly aroused when i see two females kissing but not when a male and a female kiss.

when i think of being in a relationship with a guy, it kind of grosses me out if that is even possible. like i feel like they would be nasty or something. but there is also another factor to think of. I was sexually assaulted by a guy when i was at the young age of seven. so i am not sure if it was just that which is making me repell men and go to women. my father is a scientist, and one of his gay friends is searching for the gene that makes people gay, which is weird to think of but that also means that it wouldn't be my experiences but in my genetics.

i'm just really not sure if i am gay or not.

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    From what you've said, I'm not sure either, and I'm not convinced it matters, because there is a more important element here that seems to get brushed over by a lot of people.

Why are phases considered a bad thing? Imagine you stumbled upon a girlfriend tomorrow morning, and enjoyed 3 months of amazing lesbian romance only to break up and date a guy for a while. Could that be considered a phase? Sure. But you had 3 months you really enjoyed. Why is a phase considered to be such a bad thing that you shouldn't make yourself happy, even for a little while just because it might not be permanent?

Anyway, you know what turns you on at the end of the day. Your dad doesn't. If you prefer girls to guys and you know it, why try and prove that wrong? Just go with what makes you happy.