1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What sexuality should I consider myself?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by BonhomousA, Jan 12, 2014.

?

What sexuality should I consider myself?

1. Heterosexual

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Bisexual

8 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. Homosexual

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Other (Please comment)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. BonhomousA

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi, this is my first post on this website and as you can tell by the title, I am unsure of my sexuality. I know it is just labelling and I should just be me I guess but I always feel like I have got to label myself.

So I like more girls than I like guys and there have only been two guys (One of them used to be my boyfriend and the other I only recently started crushing on) who I have liked in real life. However when it comes to -let's just say, what turns me on at night- I like both genders pretty much equally but I can sometimes be fussier about what guys I like.

Now with girls, I have liked four girls and been able to find others attractive (Both guys I have liked I only started to after getting to know them a bit) and I have had two girlfriends, one of which I am with now. (Yeah, I have a girlfriend and a guy crush at the same time...)

When thinking about sexuality I like to refer to the Kinsey Scale. For those who don't know, it works like 0= Completely straight and 6= Completely gay. I would say I am somewhere between 1 and 2 and maybe I am 1 or 2 but then it comes down to am I still considered straight or would I be bisexual?

P.S. Sorry if this whole post seems kind of messy, I am pretty much just pouring out my thoughts into text. Also any helpful responses will be appreciated!

2. TheGuardian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You seem Bisexual to me. Though others here may be able to help you more.

3. Foster

It's something you have to explore on your own. No one except you can truly say what your sexuality is.

4. lssl

lssl Guest

It really matters what you think. I struggled with my sexuality a bit this past year and thought I might be bisexual but it never felt right. The only way you're going to be able to be at peace with the label you choose for yourself is if you take a good look inside and find what makes you comfortable. Is there any label you're leaning towards right now? I know you mentioned bisexual and straight as two possibilities. Is there any reason you feel you are straight even though you have dated men? It's totally possible for that to be the case but maybe it would help to talk about your reasoning behind it.

5. BonhomousA

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    First of all, thank you to everyone who has responded so far. I guess why I think I might be considered either straight or bi is because I like to define things by their literal meaning and when thinking of it like that I don't know which I would fall into. When thinking about how I feel... I am not sure. Sometimes, like right now, I feel bisexual then at other times I feel heterosexual.

6. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well if you want it strictly literally if you've ever had more than a passing attraction to a member of the same sex AND a member of the opposite sex you're bisexual, which is why we try and avoid going by the literal definitions of anything because they just don't work like that in the real world!

However, I think this basically sums it up: "I like both genders pretty much equally". So I guess you've sort of answered you're own question :slight_smile:

7. BonhomousA

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks for the reply but this is where things get confusing for me. When I said, "I like both genders pretty much equally" I meant that only when it comes to, "let's just say, what turns me on at night" but when it comes to people I know in real life I don't even find guys attractive at all except for two people who I only became attracted to after getting to know them more.

Also I guess you're right about the whole being literal thing. Thanks for the help! :slight_smile:

8. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    A person could be bisexual and prefer one gender more than the other . they don't always have to be equally