1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So heres the thing.....

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Ojos azules, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Ojos azules

Ojos azules Guest

So here's the thing, I recently posted on here for the first time explaining my situation... alway's saw myself as being straight,, never had any atraction towards men, atleast none that I remember, (mid 30's now)... Started a new job and turns out my team boss is gay, We had a good chat when I joined his team and personal stuff came up in the conversation... I have tatts on my arms and he asked me all about them, then the topic children popped up in the conversation and I menationed I had a 11 year old daughter, he seemed a bit suprised atleast his reaction made it seem so... I then asked him if he had any kids, to which he replied, no, not for me... he then came out to me or told me he was gay,,, my mouth went dry, I started stammering a bit but tried to conceal it best I could... don't ask me why??? or what happened in that instance... he's down to earth and I felt an instant connection and pulling force towards him which I have never felt towards another guy before.... have to admit it scared me a bit at first and confused me in all honesty... anyways, I tried not to think about it, but the thought came to mind.. did he just try to hit on me, just by outing himself to me, the way he was eyeing up my tattoos, (have caught him doing this again recently)..... anyways that was that... tried to forget about it, but it's been there... turned into a crush and sometimes when I talk to him, or am standing next to him, (believe me his smell takes me away) I think about him... sexually.... So we went out for a drink with our whole team, the two of us where smoking outside and again I felt slightly out of my comfort zone... so didnt stand too close to him, he then proceeded to tell me something, random stuff but when doing so grabbed my arm for a few seconds.... I liked it... and didn't pull away... anyways that was that... nothing happened.

Didnt see him over christmas, yet on seeing him a few days after new year he made a point of coming over to me and seemed very happy to see me... we had a bit of a laugh and again that was that.... He thinks I'm straight.... thats how I act, as Ive always seen myself this way... yet i have a longing for him thats made me realise that I'm bi, not ashamed of it one bit tbh, kinda like the idea.

Anyways heres my question..... what do I do now? Am I seeing things wrong, or does he like me, I know if I had a lesbian collegue of whom I knew was a lesbian I wouldn't try and hit on her, purely out of respect.... would a gay guy do the same for a guy whom he thought to be straight?

2. sanguine

it could be just signals misinterpreted

that wouldnt matter anyways, it sounds like he would be interested

I think its very important to be upfront about being bi though, cause I really dont know if you've told anyone, I know its probably a new thing to you, but it still can change how people see you.

You could tell him, if you're keen.

3. Ojos azules

Ojos azules Guest

Thanks for your reply.

Being upfront is the next step I guess, just getting my head around everything at the moment.... being upfront to him could ruin our work relationship and possibly see me placed in another team if I misread things... I think I should take a step back and see if anything happens... mind u him knowing/thinking im 100% straight could keep a lid on things.... maybe a flirt here and there from my end?