1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I suck at approaching people...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Myhipsdolie, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Myhipsdolie

I'm getting ever closer the date that will set in stone the fact that I've been single for one year since my shitty, terrible and destructive last relationship.

I am 100% happier now without that guy in my life and I've been ready to move on for a long time now.

I just really don't know how to.

I seek companionship. I really want to meet someone new, wither they be male or female. (Even though my family don't know I'm bisexual...or anyone for that matter.)
    I go to uni three times a week and get along with everyone in my class but I'd rather avoid relationships with people in my class.

I suppose I go out occasionally, but when I do I feel like no one notices me?

I know I should try and talk to more people but that hint of social anxiety I have rubs away at my confidence.

Has anyone got any tips?:tears:

2. MossyCave

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm kind of the same, I don't know how to meet people and I have social anxiety. You could try joining groups in college, I know that you probably hear that a lot, but seriously, get out there. I was so convinced because of my low self esteem that there was no point and no one would like me and there was no one left to meet, but you'll meet totally different people from the ones in your class. Other than that, just try and talk to people when you go out, say yes to going out when you know people you haven't met will be there.

Just make sure you're doing it for good reasons. You don't need a relationship, but it's okay to want one. Moving on doesn't equate to being in another relationship. I'm sure you know this, I'm just making sure because I hate when people think they need to be hooked up all the time.

3. memyself

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Here's how I try to find out if guys are gay, I'm sure it works just as well with girls. Start with "you look really familiar" even if you know that you've never met that person before. Then ask a few questions like "what school did you go to?" And stuff like that. Then ask "do you have a boyfriend (or girlfriend)". If they say no, then ask "wait, are you gay?" And then even if they say yes or no, say "ok I admit I've never met you before, I just wanted to know if you are gay."

4. Inov8

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    The book "how to win friends and influence people" by Dale Carnegie can be helpful.