1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Labeling advice?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by wontwalkblindly, Jan 13, 2014.

1. wontwalkblindly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Disclaimer: I do not mean to offend anyone in this post. I talk about attraction to groups of people based on gender and if you do not want to be generalized or find offense in that, I suggest you stop reading here.

Okay so basically, I know that only I can "officially" decide on a label, but I need help and am always eager to learn new things!
    About me:
    -I was born female and identify as female
    -I've always liked guys (I used to think I was straight)
    -I have felt physical attraction towards: guys, girls, trans* people (mostly ftm if I'm being honest), non-binary people, and genderfluid people [as a sidenote, the diversity in that list amazes me. Anyway]
    -I've noticed recently that I really like the "softness" in people? Like I don't know how to explain it. Like its not really femininity, but just softness? Maybe that doesn't make sense. :dry:
    -I've also noticed lately that personality and gender are not at all correlated for me. Like, if I like someone's personality, their gender doesn't really matter (possibly panromantic/emotional?)

Yeah, I can't really think of much else. Any ideas as to what I am? I've been struggling with this for over a year. :icon_sad:

2. Foster

You sound Pansexual to me :slight_smile: But that's just a guess. Only you can decide what your orientation is ^-^

3. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with Foster, based on everything you have stated in your post.

#3 pinklov3ly, Jan 13, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
  4. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

I would say either bisexual or pansexual would be a good fit. (There's also polysexuality, but I'm not as familiar with it.) Both encompass attraction to more than one gender. Pansexuals are necessarily attracted to all genders, while bisexuals only require two or more.

Reasons I've seen cited for preferring pansexuality to bisexuality include making attraction to non-binary genders explicit and emphasizing that gender does not factor into attraction for that person.

Reasons why I chose bisexuality over pansexuality are that I identify more with the bisexual community than the pansexual community and that how and to what degree I am attracted to someone depends heavily on their gender.

There are a lot of other nuances that aren't captured here. I suggest researching both terms and the communities around them to see which you prefer.

5. animequeen567

You sound pansexual to me :grin:

6. wontwalkblindly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Any websites or books that you know are reliable? I've heard multiple definition for both pan and bi