1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I just not enjoy kissing?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by ChromeNerd, Jan 15, 2014.

1. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I sometimes feel like I might be attracted to guys. Whenever I get an actual chance to kiss a guy, I just don't want to. I did kiss a guy once and I didn't enjoy it. I've never had a chance to kiss a girl, so I have no comparison.

2. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Kissing has different meanings to different people, I believe. For many people kissing might be very personal and even more intimate than sex. It's a way to communicate romantic feelings. The guy you kissed, did you like him and wanted to kiss him or was it just a chance to kiss a guy?

3. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    The guy I kissed was my boyfriend. The other guy I had a chance to kiss was a guy that I was getting to know. A few times I thought that I might be attracted to him, but I just couldn't make myself kiss him when I got the chance.

4. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "but I just couldn't make myself kiss him when I got the chance."

Why exactly where you trying to MAKE yourself kiss him in the first place?

5. KWDBM

Could you maybe be shying away from kissing because of that one bad experience? If the only kiss you've ever had was something you didn't enjoy, then it completely makes sense that you might hesitate about kissing again. But *all* people kiss differently, and if there were specific things you didn't like about that one kiss, I can say for certain that not all people kiss that way.

I thought I must be completely stupid/crazy when I realized I'd started to dislike kissing my girlfriend. I loved her and loved other stuff we did, but not the kissing. It wasn't until my next relationship that I realized I didn't like her "lots of tongue" technique, and it wasn't kissing *itself* I didn't like. Just that specific type.

6. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    No, I shied away from kissing guys before I even kissed guys. It took me a few months to even make myself kiss my boyfriend. I was only dating him because I liked him as a friend and I wanted to see if I could turn myself straight by being in a straight relationship.

7. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm starting think one of the reason you and I both my be insecure about your sexuality is because we've probably never had girlfriends or dated anyone of the same sex .
    I've read some where from another lesbian that before she dated women she was very insecure about her sexuality and when she have her first relationship she was no longer insecure and more confident about being a lesbian .

8. Have you ever had a bad experience with kissing?
    I also agree with stocking - I think you should try dating a girl you're attracted to and see what happens...

9. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    Like I said before, I had trouble making myself kiss guys before I had my first kiss. I have no idea where to find girls I can date. There are a few girls at my school I'm attracted to. I'm just too shy to approach them. I'm not even sure if I'm ready for a relationship. I think I'm too insecure for a relationship.

10. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It's hard to find girls but if your not ready no need to rush . I was just suggesting it because I thought that you didn't have much experience and maybe this could be why your questioning yourself