1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i think I am in love with my best girl friend

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by illusorylove, Jan 15, 2014.

1. illusorylove

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    i live in a college hall at uni and i am in the same course as my next door room neighbour. we both have common interests in tv shows and actors and music so we often watch tv shows together in my room or sing along with our favourite songs. it makes me quite happy that we can duet love songs etc. together because i have a low voice and she is a soprano. i have an interest in cooking and somehow everytime i cook some nice stuff, I feel like knocking on her door and asking her to try some. I share all the best snacks and drinks I have with her and every time i have a new snack I really want her to come over and try it too.

Moving on from snacks, as I said, we go to school together everyday and will wait for each other so as to leave the hall together. there are a few roads we have to cross to get to school and there is usually heavy traffic. as with everyone in london, we cross the roads even when it is red light as long as there are no cars. and so i always cross the roads even when there isnt a pedestrian light. but even when there are no cars coming towards me, she would sort of grab my wrist or use her hand to block me from walking forward and say 'car' even when the car is far away. I always have this feeling she is trying to hold my hand.

when we walk on the streets together, she always walks very close to me such that her arm and hand brushes gently against mine. her hand is very smooth and fleshy, unlike mine which is dry and has lots of cuts and wrinkles. i once asked her why she always like walks into me and bumps into me when we walk, she said 'the weather is cold and i walk towards warmth'. but that sounded quite contrived to me, because she still does it all the time. I used to find it awkward but i quite like that now. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: (i sound pervy)

yesterday at the dining hall, i was asking her to read something on my handphone and then she suddenly placed her hand around mine to look at my hand phone. i asked my other friend if that was a normal action girls would do and we both thought it was unusual.

she told me that she doesnt think she will ever be together with a girl, and told me she is straight. but all these little vibes really makes me think that there is some kind of mutual attraction. i hope i am not thinking too much but her gestures and my thinking of her all the time is really screwing with my mind. i really wonder if i am a lesbian if I like her and whether she likes me in the same way. what do you guys think?

2. MossyCave

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Well, whether or not it seems like there's a spark, she has said she's straight, so that's something to go on right? The way things are going, I wouldn't tell her you like her with the hopes she likes you back, you should only tell her if you are positive you like her. If you're just curious, I would wait until she does something undeniably flirty until you say anything at least.
    It does sound like you like her, but I can't really say much about your sexuality based on one crush. Have you liked girls before? Do you like other girls? What about guys?
    As for her, I'm not saying she definitely doesn't like you, in fact it sounds like she does, but I think you should stand back for now seeing as she said she's straight.

3. illusorylove

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    well when i first started college i liked this guy because i never dated before and what we did- going for long lunches and shopping together was fun because I finally knew what people did on dates. sometimes in college it gets quite lonely (in a 14 square foot room and all) and he was just good company. but im sure i dont like this guy in the same way i like my girl friend but this could be due to me seeing her every day and chatting for hours till early in the morning.

i did like a woman. but she was just too old, straight and attention seeking so after i moved to college, i am over her. i know she isnt good for me. but yeah that woman was the first time i like girls.

as for that girl, she told me that in her previous college where she went on exchange, a girl told her that she liked her and hugged her from the back. she then told a mutual friend of theirs that she didnt like girls, as a way of telling that girl indirectly that she wasnt interested in her.

#3 illusorylove, Jan 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2014