1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back and forth between bi and gay.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by WearyWanderer, Jan 18, 2014.

1. WearyWanderer

I keep on feeling like I'm more romantically attracted to men. I don't think I could see myself having a long-term relationship with a girl anymore. But sexually I don't know. Lately, although guy parts still turn me on, girl parts are turning me on a bit more. I mean, I've swung in sexual attraction before, maybe I'll do it again?
    Part of me just wants to be straight-out gay, because it's easier for people (myself included) to understand it...but I feel if I do call myself gay when women might still be an option. Although I'm sure I'm more romantically attracted to men, I'm still not 100% positive that I'm not with women (although again, I don't think I am).
    Any thoughts?

2. TheSeeker

Man, I totally know where you're coming from. I finally settled on gay, personally, but concede that I may be potentially involved with women at some point as well. I just don't get it, I am physically more attracted to men, but romantically I am far more attracted to women. Sometime those fluctuate a bit, but not too much. I went with gay because it was easier, but if pressed I will tell people that I am "mostly gay", and hope they get the princess bride reference.

3. lukeluvznicki13

You are probably bisexual if you find both genders attractive :slight_smile:.
    I'm not fully sure but i would say you are bisexual if you are physically attracted to both sexes etc.

4. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I have the same problem as well. I'm leaning towards just saying I'm gay because none of my experiences with guys have been enjoyable so far. As I'm getting out of puberty I'm noticing that I'm not really into guys.

5. WearyWanderer

That's an interesting idea. I'm just worried that if I say I'm gay, or even mostly gay, then that will close off any potential relationships with women in the future. And I'm still attracted to women sexually. However, if it's worked with you, then it may with me too.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that I'm bi towards some extent...but if it turns out I lean far more to men, then I want to just say that I'm gay to not confuse people. I just don't know.

I've had very little experience with either gender aside from crushes on both, some minor, and a couple major for each gender (although admittedly, I've had no major crushes on girls in a while). I'm only 15 though, so maybe when I am fully sexually mature I'll be able to judge accurately.

Anyway, I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one in the world going through something like this. Makes me feel not as alone. :slight_smile:

6. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I've had no major crushes, a few crushes on girls and none on guys. I used to get groinal responses when I was around guys, but I'm outgrowing that. When I was fourteen and younger I was only attracted to girls. Maybe my "attraction" to guys was just a phase. :slight_smile: I still feel paranoid that I'll fall for a guy after coming out as gay.

7. Lauren92

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    The sexuality spectrum is pretty broad. You don't have to be strictly "straight", "50/50 bi" or "gay/lesbian" as I'm sure you're totally aware of. For example, I myself am only sexually attracted to females and only want to have sex with females. However, I feel I am able to fall in love with a male and because of that love and trust I'm able to have sex with him. So, I prefer women but if I meet a man that I simply connect with, even if I'm not initially physically attracted to him, then he is my "exception". I do consider myself to be lesbian though, simply because its easier...and I freaking love them! :wink:

8. confused1234

I'm totally going through this same thing right now. Initially I thought I was bisexual. But it has been four months since I started dating guys, and I realize I haven't thought about a woman in a romantic way during that time. Looking back, I've realized that I was never really romantically attracted to women. Even my sexual attraction is fading now it seems. It's certainly confusing.

9. WearyWanderer

Exactly! That's what I'm worried about, which is why I don't want to come out as gay because it would be hard to go back and say "whoops, I guess I was wrong! False alarm, guys!" Being bi gives me a bit of leniency, though, but not a whole lot more.

Now that's something I hadn't thought about. I'll have to mull that over a bit more. Thank you. :slight_smile:

Yeah, I'm sure the dating experience would help you find out your sexuality a bit more. Unfortunately, that would be very hard for me right now to do. :frowning2: But in the future maybe.