1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think of myself as ugly.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Skaros, Jan 18, 2014.

1. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I want to come out, but I feel like if I do then nobody would want me because I don't see myself as a 'cute boy'. This is just how I see myself, I used to have a minor form of anorexia (luckily, I stopped after I lost 15 pounds, before it got worse). If you want, I can post a picture of myself. But I feel like I'm a little overweight and ugly faced and I will never get a boyfriend.

P.S. sorry, I don't know if this is a right section or nt.

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Put it this way, no matter WHAT you look like, if you're still in the closet your chances of finding someone are almost none! At least if you're out you increase the odds.

You might not be 'perfect' or a 'cute boy', but...and forgive me because this is SO cliche...you are ideal for SOMEBODY, probably a whole bunch of people. Believe me I'm the last confident person in the world when it comes to looks, so I completely understand how you're feeling but you can't let yourself sit there and think 'nobody will ever want THIS'.

3. Please don't be so critical on yourself. There is no such thing as having a perfect body and looks. We're all unique and beautiful in our own way. I too was self conscious about my looks at your age and it made me miserable. You need to have more confidence in yourself!

4. Double Eagle

Double Eagle Guest

I feel the same way...:tears:

5. Double Eagle

Double Eagle Guest

I feel uglier than ugly itself and fatter than the whole world...But I'm out...I just don't go outside much mostly because I'm handy-capped as well!

#5 Double Eagle, Jan 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2014
  6. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This is good advice.

Chances are you're better looking than you give yourself credit for and regardless, since you're 15 your appearance is likely to change a fair amount over the next few years. If you're a little bit overweight, that's something you can safely fix on your own. You're way too young to give up on yourself. :slight_smile:

A coworker showed me this video a few months ago which I found to be pretty powerful:

[YOUTUBE]XpaOjMXyJGk[/YOUTUBE]