1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Realising My Sexuality

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Hartosexual, Jan 18, 2014.

1. Hartosexual

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm still coming to grips with my sexuality but I've know for a while what I am.

In the summer between year 7 and year eight (2012) I was watching Glee on my laptop in bed and I came across Santana and Britany kissing. I'd noticed a lot before this day that whenever there was a gay kiss on Tv or on youtube I was fascinated and got a really nice feeling in my stomach. That night after watching Glee I watched a load of coming out videos and videos from the LGBT community online and came across a youtuber who I instantly fell in love with. Her name was Hannah Hart.

I watched Hannah Hart's coming out series that night and suddenly all the pieces of the puzzle that was my life fell together. I realised that all the feelings Hannah was describing about her realisation of her sexuality were the feelings I felt.

I had questioned my sexuality before all this of course. I used to imagine that me and Heather Morris had switched bodies so that I could be the one kissing Naya Rivera for Glee. I had done that for a while.... Maybe since 2009 when my Grandma died.

I still haven't fully accepted my sexuaity... Everyday I wake up and hope that it's just a phase I'm going through... Evreyday I watch those same videos to see if I still feel everything I felt before. And everyday I do.

Thanks....
    Hartosexual

:smilewave

2. Querying

I'm in almost exactly the same boat as you (for the surface concepts, that is)... Down to the whole thing starting with Glee characters, namely Naya (seriously, she is ridiculously attractive is she not?). From that I started watching youtubers and realizing that they ad accepted their sexuality much as the fictional characters we idolize had..

I am, however, not outed at all, though I think one of my friends suspects I have a crush on her, and the funny thing is that I don't, but I am into girls.

My family also doesn't know, though again, funny thing is I'm pretty sure my mother's suspected since about midway into seventh grade..

Regardless, it's been nearly three months since my world came crashing down around me, and it's only been over the last few weeks that I've begun to accept that maybe I'm not straight. It's slow, and painful, but I think we'll all get through it eventually :slight_smile:

3. Hartosexual

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Naya is ridiculously attractive indeed. :slight_smile: What youtubers do you watch? Hannah HArt?

4. Querying

It was LesBeOnTalk most of the time. I don't actually watch many youtubers at all nowadays, but I should :slight_smile:

5. Hartosexual

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    LesBeOn Talk are cool. I'm going to some huge lesbian youtuber meet up very soon