1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many of you have figured out you were gay/les after being hit on by a gay/les?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by fortheloveoflez, Jan 20, 2014.

1. fortheloveoflez

Pretty self-explanatory.

How many of you figured out you were gay/les after being hit on by some one of the same gender? I'm moreso talking about those of you who called yourself straight and were known as straight and then all of a sudden after some one more or less showed homo-romantic interest in you, you started questioning whether you were really straight

2. Strathclyder

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Re: How many of you have figured out you were gay/les after being hit on by a gay/les

I was questioning whether or not I was 100% straight when it happened to me. Basically, he said he had a 'thing' for me and asked me out on a few occasions. He even kissed me on the lips once. However, I really wasn't ready for any kind of relationship beyond being friends, so he eventually stopped.

3. fortheloveoflez

Re: How many of you have figured out you were gay/les after being hit on by a gay/les

Interesting. Do you think that you'd try to pursue a romantic relationship with him in the future or no?

4. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian

I didn't really figure out i was a lesbian but after she kissed me I realized that i might liked women because I didn't care much for men anymore after that kiss .

5. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

I was already in the state of questioning when I was first hit on by a guy so...take that how you wish. When I was first hit on by a guy, I had no idea how to react, it was a new experience to me so I didn't know what to say. I didn't have this notion that people would come onto people unless they sensed that a person is a potential mate for the person so when a guy did it, I was sort of weirded out and thought "could he sense that I may be gay?" I mean yeah sure, I did come to terms with myself after being hit on by a guy. But at the same time, I did have a little voice in my head that was telling me to, essentiall, examine myself.

6. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all

I've never been hit on by another guy (or if anyone has ever even tried I was completely oblivious to it .lol.). I wouldn't know how to react if someone did (doubt I'd notice anyway unless they were being very obvious about it)

--
    I just kinda figured things out slowly over time on my own .lol.

7. Strathclyder

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

No. He left college at the end of the 2012/2013 session and I haven't heard from him or seen him since then.

8. Purplefrog

Purplefrog Guest

For me it was mainly a realisation that I kept on getting on crushes on women, without having to make an effort to like them!

But, there was a woman who was definitely hitting on me a while back, and it did make me feel very confused as I was extremely drawn to her without realising quite why I felt so intoxicated by her. Then it was like 'ah yes, that lesbian thing again - go away!'.

9. itsonlyrelative

I was already questioning myself and then I met someone in the hospital who was pansexual who told be it was okay to be having the thoughts I was having, then I dove deeper into everything and eventually came out to myself.

10. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

when I was almost 16 I knew I had a physical desire for girls as opposed to boys, but kept them to myself. I became friends with a classmate who had the courage I lacked, and she hinted to me that she found girls more attractive than guys. After I confided in her that I felt the same way, we touched more, and soon after she kissed me. I was thrilled, and kissed her back. The next time we were alone together we made out, and it eventually lead to us getting naked and having sex, and I thought it was great at the time. It was much better with the woman who would eventually be my life partner, but I didn't know it at the time. Anyway, I was pretty sure then that I was a lesbian, I just didn't like being one in a extremely homophobic environment, and being raised as a fundamentalist Christian, so for awhile I tried to pretend or try not to be one.

11. EleanorHunter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Well, one of my best friends would flirt with me and hit on me as a joke (she's bi too), and I always felt super awkward when she did that. I was curious as to why it made me feel so awkward, considering we were just friends. A lot of other stuff happened, and I realized I was bi. So in a sense, yeah, I realized I was bi from being hit on by another bisexual.

When I was still in the closet though, I never got hit on by any girls, because they all thought I was straight. That's my problem right now; a lot of people still believe I'm straight. It surprises people to this day. I can't help but laugh when I hear my friends say something like, "When I heard you started dating a lesbian, I was like... whaaaat? Eleanor? The girl who wears flowers in her hair everyday? She's really not straight?" :lol: