1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Learning who I am

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by only me, Jan 21, 2014.

1. only me

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    OK so I am a late bloomer. I always thought I was bi, now I will admit I am gay. Having thought I loved someone of the opposite sex until I was truly hurt after many years in that relationship. I always liked guys but my upbringing said it was wrong, it was bad. It took the love of my life to hurt me to the point I do not want another relationship with a woman.

I heard something on TV today that a "celebrity" made an anti gay comment saying it is perverted. It is still such a stereotype. Even though I like guys I am just learning about being a gay man. I thought a gay bar was seedy and dark and bad crazy things happened there. FALSE to me it was just like any other bar. I had to check my emotions and thought process. I wanted to go and now I want to go back. I felt comfortable, even though being gay is "OK" now in society the stereotypes are still there. It comes out by accident when some people do an interview and on purpose when others speak. That accidental slip up can cost some their celebrity status.

It took a major life event for my way of thinking to change. Not only about being gay but many other things in life. I only hope others opinions will change without having to suffer a major change.

2. Canfer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am glad that you found out your true sex orientation :thumbsup:, even if someone was hurt on the process. You have always to view the good and bad things positively (like what you learned about this and that), because even bad things are good, and you notice them when you think about through what you have been.:slight_smile: