1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I came out to a friend today, I don't know if I should have

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by wannaknowmyself, Jan 21, 2014.

1. wannaknowmyself

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    So this is getting pretty serious. Today while talking to my close female friend I told her I needed to tell her something about myself. I told her I think I might be gay. But I also told her I wasn't sure. I don't know if I'm just in denial or really confused. I really don't know my orientation. I can sure obsess over and notice when a guy is good looking and or has a good body. And I'm turned on sexually by guys. On the other hand with girls I can appreciate when one is hot but it tends to be only noticing her face, no breasts, legs, etc. I can imagine being in relationships both with girls and guys but only the idea of sex with other guys sounds appealing. When I think of doing it with girls i get the idea it might be awkward and not so hot. What really confused me lately is that last night I woke up from the most vivid dream. In this dream I had sex with a really hot girl, and this is the first time in my life I've dreamt that. Other dreams always involve guys. But in this dream I was actually sexually and emotionally attracted to this girl and I don't know how close this is to who I am in waking life. Help

2. Jenny173

Jenny173 Guest

Dreams are always interesting, and sometimes they don't mean what they seem to on the surface. From what you have posted it sounds like you are gay, but at the end of the day only you know for sure.

3. katwat

When I was about 13 I had an extremely vivid dream that I was happily snuggled up with, and extremely sexually attracted to, the meanest nastiest boy in school. I mean I truly hated this kid who gave me crap on a daily basis and here I was having a pg version of a sex dream about.

My husband used to work in a warehouse and dealt with bins of things like screws, nuts, and bolts that he had to do inventory on. He quite often woke me up in the night in a panic because in his dreams he was swallowing bolts and stuff and would wake up gagging quite sure he needed to get all that metal out of his system.

Sometimes our minds screw with us in our dreams.

4. The Lost One

Hi Wannaknowmyself,

Judging from what you wrote, I'm thinking it's safe to assume you're gay. I can totally pick out hot women and have kissed them too. However, they do nothing for me sexually. I remember having a sex dream about a Marilyn Monroe type when I was 14 or 15. However, on the whole, I am attracted WAY more to men. That being said, I've had platonic relationships with women that have bordered on what I would consider a real relationship minus the sex. I really enjoyed these relationships too but knew I didn't want to have sex with these women.

Anyway, perhaps you're bisexual but as other have said, only you can really figure it out. Good luck!

5. setnyx

the dream about you and a girl may just be your subconscious trying to embrace your feminine side.