1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why does my brain do this?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Minnie, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Minnie

I keep trying to tell myself that I like guys, even though I love girls and want to be with one. I'm so self-destructive, and I know that even if I'm a bit bi I like girls WAY more than guys. I'm just still not used to it and it's leaving me so confused and I just can't think properly. I was sure that the reason I felt funny round certain guys was because of my autoandrophilia/genderfluidity, and by trying to not think about it, my brain just plops out these possibilities that I know aren't me and don't make me happy. Watching the L Word has kinda desensitised me and I keep telling myself I won't enjoy sex with a woman. It's like denial going out of control. Recently I can really only not care when I'm drunk. I'm scared of all my obsessing with my sexual orientation and my gender, and I just want to know who I am. I've something of a defeatist, self-pitying attitude sometimes and it's reassuring because I'm used to it. I just don't know what to do. There are old parts of my personality I want back, times I can remember when I felt happy. I also need to stop thinking, "God, would the younger me have thought I'd be gay and cool with it?" I thought I was fine with my sexuality but I'm still awkward, especially in social situations (unless I go to a gay bar).