1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's a good way to know

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by wannaknowmyself, Jan 23, 2014.

1. wannaknowmyself

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Around a month ago while reading I realized I didn't fully identify as straight. I've always had the subconscious inkling that I might be gay but didn't bring that question up until a month ago. Is there like a really accurate, sure fire way to know if you are gay? Like some online test, or some mental exercise or something like that. I don't want to wait until I fall in love either with a girl or a guy haha. I know when that happens I'll know for sure but I'm impatient.

2. femmeinpink

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Honestly, I don't think there's a foolproof way to be sure. I started thinking about my sexuality very seriously a couple months ago after seeing a documentary in a class about gays in movies and TV and for whatever reason, I couldn't get it out of my head. Like you, I always maybe thought I could be, because I was never really attracted to guys and there were some girls I liked as more than friends. But I never really thought about it a lot until recently. I did take some online Kinsey scale test and it came out to a 5, which is basically saying I'm mostly gay, but I think you just have to go with you gut instincts and feelings. Think for awhile if you're more attracted to guys or girls, or both, or possibly neither. It would be a lot easier if there were some foolproof quiz out there or something, but I think it's something you just have to figure out for yourself. And if you don't like labels, don't use them!

3. Skov

Having a fantasy about getting screwed by Justin Bieber was a real wake up call to me! lol jk. Okay maybe I'm not kidding :eusa_liar

Anyways, I don't think there's a test online, and if so, it's probably complete BS. Just try to focus on who you like instead of the label. When you're out in public, who do you find yourself checking out: guys, girls, or both? It's important to think about what you are feeling when you check them out too. I can check out a girl and think that she is really pretty, but I don't feel any sexual attraction to her. She's just a pretty face to me. When I see hot guys though, it's like, "I WANT YOU NOW!" I know another thing I did was googled, "hot guy," and, "hot girl," and saw which one I liked more. That didn't really do much in helping me realize I was gay though.