1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Sort Of, Changed?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Gengars, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Gengars

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So this has been at the back of my mind for a few days now, but I really need to get this out. So recently this month, I guess I began identifying as gay. But before that, I went through a kind of, "transitional" phase, so to speek. I was convinced I was bisexual the whole time, but to varying degrees. I began liking women less and less, now I don't really feel anything at all. This whole changing period happened in about a period of about four months.

Don't get me wrong, I'm totally fine with being gay, but I guess I feel kinda sad deep down that I'm not into women anymore. Could it possibly be the last little remains of my default heterosexuality dying off? Please, I'd really appreciate feedback.

2. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Same kind of thing happened to me. I think it's normal for most gay people to feel bisexual at first, but then slowly lose interest in the opposite sex.

3. poison53sumac

Well, it could be the remnants of a transitional phase--I doubt it's ever really fun to realize you fall in a category that isn't really lauded by society. So it could be that you're sort of sad not to like women because that would probably be a simpler life--but of course, if it's not the one you'd be happy in then there's no reason to live it.
    It could also be that occasionally you will like women--don't write them off entirely; follow your gut. On different days I feel different levels of attraction to girls and guys. Sexuality's fluid; live and let live, all that stuff. :slight_smile:

4. Beantown

Beantown Guest

I went through that too when I finally accepted to myself that I didn't like men. I guess it was more of a feeling of what could have been if I had liked men.

5. Gengars

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think you're right about it being remnants of my transitional phase. Plus, I can't really picture myself in a serious relationship with a women anymore. Nevertheless, I'll take your advice, and stay open to change! But for now, I'm just gay!

6. Str8tLAboy

Str8tLAboy Guest

I am on the same boat as you but I am closer to bisexual than gay but I know and can feel it in my gut that I am transitioning to being only into guys. For me, its been difficult but I have slowly begun to accept it. I know, the main reason I havent just came out yet is because I am scared of what my family and the people I know will say. Its a difficult situation to be in but I am sure that we will get through this.

7. Gengars

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, it's good to know that you're not alone! What helped me to accept being gay, was to think more about the positives, and embrace who I am inside. As for coming out, I'm only out to my sister right now, who is out as trans herself. I really don't plan on coming out to the rest of my family for a couple of years now. But people can come out whenever it's most comfortable for them!