1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any lesbians thought they were bi then later found out their actually lesbian ?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by stocking, Jan 24, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    This happened to me and I wanted to know if any one experienced this looking back now I wondered what in the world made me think I was bi maybe just a lot of denial I guess .
    What about you guys ?

2. Beantown

Beantown Guest

I thought I was bi, then a lesbian but then I actually started to like my boyfriend but I still want to explore and learn more later about my sexuality and my feelings for other girls so that put me on demisexual.

3. Hartofgold

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It happened to me too. Probably denial. I was too desperate to not be gay, until I found the courage to accept myself.

4. PinkCammelia90

I had the opposite. I started off believing I was gay, then I dated a couple of guys and thought I was bi, then found I was still more attracted to women...

I spent years trying to find the right label so other people could figure out what I liked then just went with 'homoflexible' as the best possible outcome.

I still rarely like men although it's usually some kind of TV/film crush - Michael Fassbender on Hex reminded me of this last night <3

Sexuality is certainly a confusing thing, isn't it? I know I'm looking for a girlfriend and I identify mainly as gay, but I'm still fluid, and very open to falling for a man in the future. I've learned to enjoy being surprised by who I'm attracted to.

5. lovely lesbian

Yea kind of but I think always knew x

6. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    That's pretty neat that you found out that you were demi I use think I was before I labeled myself lesbian but I don't like guys at all

I think it's the same for me too

I looked up the term homoflexible it's the same like heteroflexible

I wish I always knew

7. thekillingmoon

Yes. I would say for me it was living a sheltered life and lacking dating experience with anyone. When it's all hypothetical, it's easy to convince yourself. I wanted attention and someone to spend time with, but when I actually started dating a guy, I realized I wasn't happy. I didn't feel as strongly about guys as I felt about women later. I wasn't interested in doing sexual things with guys, even though I felt like I should be because it was expected of me. Then I met some girls I was attracted to and that changed my perception of relationships and sex and physical intimacy seemed like something I would actually want in a relationship.

8. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It was like that for me. A year or two ago I thought I was bi because I had 'crushes' on boys at school. Eventually, I realized I only imagined those crushes because it was expected of me. I'm only actually attracted to girls.

9. FloatingPiano

I originally identified as bi honestly because that's how I used to feel. As time went on though, I liked men less and less. I now identify exclusively as a lesbian.

Like the poster above me, I had "crushes" on boys, but I think it was too me trying to fit into the expectations of those around me.

10. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I thought I was bi too because of that and also because of my long distance relationship with this guy once . But Now I don't have attraction to men at all I never really got turned on seeing them naked either only just women back then and now too but because I heard that it's normal for women to not find men's body attractive and other women I thought I was bi

11. spiri

Yeah... Pretty much! I was in a really good het relationship while I was discovering my sexuality, I was desperate to find some way to justify that I wasn't gay and that the relationship could go on. Took me three years to figure it out but happier with myself now, finally, and the relationship is now a really wonderful friendship. Though I still don't really like using the word 'lesbian', just 'gay' is good. For it wasn't just about sex, much more about identity; I just couldn't imagine marrying and having kids with a guy, but I want those things with another girl, so I eventually worked out that it meant I'm probably gay. :slight_smile:

12. sandshoes

Yeah, and I think it's been harder for me to realize it because I can get sort of attracted to guys, but only on a romantic level. But I can't really see myself having a relationship with one now though. (Have been in two relationships with guys, none with girls) I also think it takes longer for me to really crush on girls, I mostly have to get to know them better first.

I still consider myself a lesbian though, but not long ago I thought I was bi. And most of my life I've been assuming I was straight. Didn't think about my sexuality much until a couple of years ago.

13. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Even as a kid I couldn't see myself with a guy but I just thought it was because I was feminist or that my parents got divorce when I was little .

14. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I couldn't see myself with a guy either. I assumed it was because I was a kid and kids weren't supposed to like the opposite sex until they got older. I was dreading puberty because I would start liking guys instead of girls. It didn't exactly go like that...

15. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I got called stupid by mom because I didn't have sex with guys when I was a teen . her exact words were ' My daughters stupid when she comes to men and it's a shame because all her cousins are having sex with guys but I'm glad I'd say let her be dumb , at least I don't have to worry about her being a teen mom . My mom didn't want me around boys when i was a teenager and would even get upset if I talked to a boy . when I was around 22 made she fun of me for being a virgin .

16. femmeinpink

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I thought I had crushes on a couple guys and wondered why I never thought about them all the time or even talked about them like my friends did. Only now do I realize I only pretended to have crushes to seem normal and I never liked guys.

17. Noelle

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That pretty much describes me, too. What I usually say is that I am 98% lesbian. Basically just saying that I would date a guy again, but there is a very slim chance.

18. Seagypsy

What a hurtful thing for a mum to say :rolle:

She didn't want u near boys but then laughed at you, that's just cruel xxx

19. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    She's a very hurtful person

20. Hartofgold

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Honestly, I really dont see why we should all stick labels on ourselves. When someone calls me a lesbian it literally makes me freak out. I dont know if its because of the stuck-up society I grew up in or the fact that I still havent made peace with it. I just fidn the word lesbian degrading. I dont know why, I just do. What is it with our need to say that someone is exactly something?

---------- Post added 27th Jan 2014 at 09:35 AM ----------

Thats really horrible. I hope she starts treating you the way you deserve love. Keep your head up! :kiss: