1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1st timer

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by questioning25, Jan 25, 2014.

1. questioning25

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hello all. Posted here a few times, now and then with a question. For a sniff of background, I'm a 25 yr old grad student living in philly. I'm lucky enough to have a great psychologist (cbt), and recently I think I've moved far enough along to start seeing men for the first time, playing the field, so they say :slight_smile:. Anyway, I suppose I'd be happy if anyone has any advice for "first timers". I think the best I can do is to not think too far ahead and try, as hard as it might be, to stay in the moment. A few specific questions/comments:

1) I define myself as "questioning", because that's very much what I am now. I sometimes wounder whether this will be a deterrent to seeing someone; I really haven't yet figured out my sexuality, and I know that might put me on shacky grounds relationship wise. I'd be happy to get into my "sexuality specifics" on here, but, as with anyone... it's complicated.

2) Should I, at the same time, try to date woman as well? Only a question I can answer I suppose, but what are some of you guys's experiences dating both men and woman together (well, together... you know what I mean)? In two cases (someone I've had a crush on, and an ex gf with whom I've had a tiny bit of contact in the last few weeks) there is a desire, yes. Online wise, I'm becoming a bit tired of dates that don't go very far (not to do with sex or anything... you know what I mean). I'm afraid that I would go on dates with woman from online websites only as a way of "balancing the tally", so to say, while I try to start seeing men.

Anyway, thanks in advance. Apologies for the above three paragraphs I've forced everyone to read :slight_smile:.