1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to know? (questioning orientation)

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by SensesFailX, Jan 26, 2014.

1. SensesFailX

How do you really know if you're gay? Most people say that they just knew, or that they always felt different. I really don't feel this way.

I've been almost entirely attracted to guys lately, but only of a certain type. However the majority of gay guys aren't attractive to me. But I'm also attracted to most girls even less, but there are still a few that I think are pretty. And I'm just talking about just looking at pictures on the net and stuff.

In real life I haven't found a guy or a girl that I find attractive for a long time now.

So does this mean I'm asexual, gay, or bi? :help:

2. wannaknowmyself

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hey dude! Your situation sounds a bit like mine actually. I am attracted to guys as well but also find some girls really pretty. However I'm only attracted in a sexual manner to guys, I think. It's just something that takes A LOT of time and a lot of thinking to realize and accept. I am in the process of (sorry for the redundancy) processing this whole thing so I don't know anything for sure yet. Just know that in the end the important thing is that you accept yourself as you are :slight_smile:

3. SensesFailX

Yeah thank you! That does sound a lot like my story.

4. wannaknowmyself

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    It's just something to take one day at a time. I've found forcing yourself to reach a conclusion makes it harder

5. SensesFailX

Yeah I'm sure the answer will come eventually thanks

6. Camrok

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    The only way to know for certain is with the passage of time. I identify as bisexual but wonder if I'm gay. It'll be a while before I know.

We all go through it at some point.

7. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This doesn't fully answer your question but some people (straight bi gay) are also what's called demi-sexual, meaning they don't really get sexually attracted until they also develop a relationship with the other person. Could partly explain why you rarely find people attractive in real life. Of course this would then mean you'd have to look closely at all your friends/acquaintances for any hints of attractiveness to better gauge if you're straight/bi/gay, would not work on strangers or "first dates" :wink:.

8. SensesFailX

Yeah that is true. I do think I'm demisexual sometimes. Thanks good advice

9. pgame311

pgame311 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    You know, this sounds so stupid, but I think for me it's person to person. I tend to lean more toward guys from a sexual standpoint, but there are guys who the thought of anything physical literally disgusts me. With girls, I'm just not interested sometimes--there's no physical revoltion. On the other hand, with individuals of both genders, I find myself in a situation where there's a deeper relationship (romantic) and sometimes sexual. I don't really know what I am either, but I just take it day by day haha.

10. SensesFailX

Very true. I agree it differs from person to person. I agree with the sexual part too. A lot of guys gross me out but i just plain don't want to be with a girl either. Romance can be with anyone for me