1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm falling for my friend. But idk if he's gay??

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by dsmahb, Jan 26, 2014.

1. dsmahb

dsmahb Guest

Hey! I need some advice on my current situation. I've been falling for this guy that I've known for a couple of years. He goes to my medical school but we never really talked a lot until this past summer when we started clinical rotations. We literally have every single third year rotation together so we've become close. However, even though I'm out to my friends, I never came out to my classmates in medical school. So, I'm unsure whether or not he knows I'm gay but I've been throwing hints at him and I think he's clever enough to catch on.

For instance, if we talked about marriage I never described my future spouse by gender. Instead, I would say "who ever I end up with" and I would refer to my old boyfriends as "this person I use to date" or "someone I use to date". But he did talk about what he would want in a wife and he referred to his exes by gender, and when he talked about my situation he wouldn't mention a gender. So that kind of threw me for a loop as to whether or not he was gay. Because, he clearly caught on that I was. And, I also talked about using a surrogate mother to have children, which should have been a clear indicator that I was gay.

At one point, I was beginning to think he was completely straight. Or maybe he just wasn't attracted to me because we are opposites in a many aspects. But, then I think about all the weird stuff that he says to me and it just makes me wonder. For example, this past week I was making fun of him for always being around his parent's and I told him that he needs to be "weaned off his mother's breast" and his reply was "your just mad because I'm not attached to your breast". And, this was said multiple times. Then, I realized last week that he was keeping track of me online because he let it slip by accident. He's been observing my Instagram posts but he's not even following me on Instagram, he went on one of old social media profiles and stalked my profile and saved the pictures, then he watched all of my old youtube videos which weren't under my real name so he had to do some serious internet stalking to see those. I found out about this because he cracked a joke about the latter, then I went and deleted everything including the old social media profile and I told him. And, he responded by saying "oh it's too late, I already saved all the pictures to my computer.... oops I wasn't suppose to say that". This was weird to me.. No guy is that interested in another guy to save pictures on their computer..

I really don't know what to think. I don't think he would ever tell me because even though we talk a lot he's very distant when it comes to relationships. He hasn't had sex or a girlfriend since high school, which was 9 years ago. I've invited him over to my house multiple times but he always finds an excuse not to come. However, we do go out for lunch and dinner often and we've been to the movies together as well. But, he will not come to my house. It almost seems as if he's afraid. I've tried to question him about his feelings for me with out making it awkward. I asked him if he really liked me as person and his response was "I look forward to coming to the hospital so that I can be around you because it makes my day go by faster" versus being out in different clinics where we're usually separated and working one on one with a doctor. There was this one time that I thought he was ignoring my text messages but it turned out to be his phone. His response to me being upset was "I would never ignore you, you can text me anytime". I should also point out that he always opens the door for me. He's never walks in a door before me. He's very attentive to anything I say or do and he can recall anything personal that I tell him.

I'm just really confused about what to do. Because I don't think he would ever tell me if he like me. Basically he's in his own little world outside of school. But, he's an amazing guy that I love being around so I don't want to let him pass by me. However, I don't want to make the same mistake that I made 3 years ago when I told my best friend that I was falling in love with him... which was a total disaster. He still won't talk to me today... If you made it through all this without falling a sleep... Please give me your advice... Thanks

2. Bullet1020

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    oh wow.. maybe he's just afraid that you dont like him at all..? it seems to me like he's trying so jard to.make.you like him .. but like you said when you found out he stalks you online and.turned down the pages maybe he saw that as an 'you're freaky, i dont like you' sign?