1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It seems like Asian are the least desired in gay dating?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Bullet1020, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Bullet1020

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    it just seems like it .. specially when you're in a dating site and you say you're asian and you're a top and the dominant one.. they seem to find it taboo?

2. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think so.
    You can't say something like that, because it's almost never true. Everybody is found attractive by somebody.

The quickest way I found that out, though I don't like to admit it, is by browsing boards where people talk about what they find attractive, post pictures of who they find attractive, etc.

In my eyes, some of the things people find attractive are CRAZYYYY, but that's life dude.

In your case, you have got NOTHING to worry about.
    I know plenty of guys who like dominant asians, and I know many that wouldn't even take into consideration the fact that you're asian.

3. LovelyBunny

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Not true I know several guys in the gay community who love dominant Asians!
    (even I myself adore dominant Asian 'women'.)

4. Bullet1020

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    true .. I've been turned.down by a lot of gay boys because of ethnicity .. they say i look too asian .. idk .. and I've always been bulied and called ugly back in high-school so .. the fact that I'm asian and that other thing bothers me alot

5. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can understand why you're self-conscious about it, especially if you were bullied because of it.
    But in reality, it's not something you need to worry about. When you meet the guy who loves you for who you are, he won't turn you down because you're asian. In fact, if you tell him you think it's a flaw, he'll probably love it even more, and tell you so.

6. Seagypsy

Definitely Not from where I'm standing....!! :wink: x

7. fortheloveoflez

Most of the gay and lesbian couples I know are of interracial couples with the exception of one. MOST of the ones that are interracial that I've seen have been between one ethnically white person and one ethnically East Asian person. In fact I might be in the same boat soon. True story.

8. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Asian men and African American women (men, if it's the gay male dating scene, opposed to straight) seem to have a harder time dating, for one reason or another, but that doesn't mean it's hopeless to find someone who accepts you, only that you might have to work harder/smarter than your "average" guy.

There is a dirty secret among many gay men, and it's the idea that all Asian men are these submissive, feminine bottoms, when it's not true at all. Don't let this discourage you; if anything, it's your change to prove to everyone else that there are dominant Asian men out there, because who knows? There might just be someone looking for you out there.

9. ShadowSpirit26

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    ^This.

I don't really care about race or ethnicity. If you like someone, then why would it matter? I don't see the point. :confused:

10. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have several straight Caucasian guy friends who are crazy about Asian girls. I'm sure the same is true for gay guys.

11. Jared

There will be always be some people who turn people down based on race, but not all do. I know a fair number of guys who are dating Asian guys, myself being one of them. A lot of us don't really care about what race someone is.

12. Destiel

It's all about preference I guess. For me race doesn't matter. I'd date someone who was Asian, white , African American, anything for me as long as there is chemistry. But like I said, usually about personal preference. And yeah, some people may see Asian girls as being submissive because of lots of ways the media depicts them. All depends on your interests.

13. Emberblaze

A dominant asian top?

Go find a thesaurus and find the page for the word "AWESOME" and you have my response to that description.

14. Cigsmoker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am a proud asian twink-looking gay guy [LOL!] and foreigners seem to find that sexy/attractive, for some weird reason. But I also get rejected from time to time by my fellow Filipinos.
    So I guess beauty is indeed subjective and it depends on the physical preference of the other person.

Personally, I would date a person regardless of his race. As long as we found that connection and we both have that genuine attraction to each other then race/age and other things won't matter as much.

15. Bullet1020

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm filipino and only girls like me .. even lesbians!!?

16. Cigsmoker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Are you out? Maybe guys don't know that you are. And I think girls liking you is pretty cool, too. It doesn't mean that you have to date them or anything. It just means you are desirable.

17. Donnytello82

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Actually it's true, those who states otherwise haven't been out much. I've been to the gay scene in Orange County, Hillcrest, Castro, and West Hollywood and I've heard many white and latino guys be like, ugh lets go somewhere else, there are too many asians here! Or they would shout out derogatory slurs. I was at Rage on Friday nights in West Hollywood, which is asian night and this one white guy said, "Do we really have to walk through China town?" and his buddy laughed like an asshole. Of course me being drunk and more blunt when I'm drunk I gave them an attitude and asked if they had a problem and they said no sorry and ran away like cowards. Friends of mutual friends have told me to my face that they don't find asians attractive. There are asians that don't even find their own race attractive and only goes for white guys, those are the ones that annoys me most of all. If you go on gay dating apps, but are really just sex apps such as ******, I'm sure you will come across plenty of profiles that would say, "Sorry not into asians." depending if you have a decent amount of asians in your area. Oh, and for those who are dense, I'm very bitter haha

---------- Post added 29th Jan 2014 at 02:29 AM ----------

Long Beach is actually a place where I felt less prejudice. People in Long Beach are chilled but ghetto haha

---------- Post added 29th Jan 2014 at 02:43 AM ----------

Btw Asian girls are desirable... Asian men, not quite so.

---------- Post added 29th Jan 2014 at 02:46 AM ----------

Another thing that annoys me is when they say "it's just preference." I'd say fuck you and your preference!