1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you help me out?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by geekchicgirl, Jan 28, 2014.

1. geekchicgirl

For years I thought that something was wrong with me seeing that I liked both guys and girls. I always thought I was bisexual but now that I've been looking back on the past, I'm wondering if maybe I'm a lesbian...? My girlfriend thinks I'm lesbian with everything I've been telling her that I've uncovered from therapy. I realized that I had been with guys sexually not really because I wanted to be, but because in some part of my mind I thought that it could be something I would get used to. My family and best friend are really homophobic so it was put into my life that being this way was wrong because of religion. I have formulated my own belief on this but it still kept me in the closet for a long time and drove me to be with guys; even though I didn't really like it. I did have crush on guys and I did like them, but I always leaned more towards girls; even without being with them sexually and just making out. I liked certain aspects of being with a guy but I just didn't enjoy it like all of my friends said they did. I mean I enjoyed myself for sure; but a lot of the time to get to my climax I would have to imagine a woman rather than focusing on what the guy was actually doing. It just never felt 100% right being with a guy and now that I'm not with a guy, I don't miss it. I never did miss it even between the different guys. After being with a girl sexually, I had a much better time than when I had been with a guy, and it just felt better....more right. I do still like guys but it's more of romantically and physically than sexually (unless they're my male celeb crushes then I would have sex with any of them in not time at all). Because of still liking guys but being more comfortable with woman I am just so confused by whether I'm bisexual or lesbian like my girlfriend suggests. I mean could I be bisexual with a preference towards woman? Might I be straight, flat out, lesbian? Can someone, anyone, please give me some advice on this? Which do you think I am by what I've said?

2. SongshiQuan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there. You don't have to be in a rush to label yourself. You're in a relationship with another woman now. If you enjoy that relationship and it's good for you, why does it matter? Not trying to belittle the importance of your feelings, but asking what does the label matter really? I would just enjoy your girlfriend and not worry about it too much. I know it seems like a big deal but honestly it sounds like you're pretty much set on women. I'm kind of the same way myself. I mean I find girls beautiful and on a few occasions, I felt attracted to them. And I was, in a emotional kind of way. However, sex with them was still not a lot of fun. I'd just go with what feels right to you and not worry about trying to squeeze yourself into a label.

3. LovelyBunny

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    SongshiQuan is right! I feel the same way sometimes. Im really not sure anymore what the hell I am! Ive always liked girls but I grew up very sheltered and never quite knew what lesbian even was, and I always sorta like guys but I feel my feelings for women maybe a lot stronger. I started thinking about it so much I got really depressed on the subject so I decided not to worry about the labels- period. I like who I like (lesbian, bi ect.) I don't care..