1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm okay with being gay, but not bi

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by ChromeNerd, Jan 30, 2014.

1. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm okay with the idea of being gay. It makes me feel happy and at peace. The idea of being bi disgusts me. I'm not entirely sure why. I've never considered the bi people I know in real life disgusting. I just considered them people.

2. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Would the idea of being straight disgust you as well?

3. Cass

some people find being gay disgusting, or being straight. People have those opinions i suppose

4. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I asked that question because I thought that DevilKisses may not be disgusted by the idea itself but by what lies behind it, I mean being intimate with a guy part. It's just a thought though.

5. wanderinggirl

I'm unclear what you find disgusting. There are many ways to be bisexual. And for many bisexuals it's no different from being gay and straight either alternatingly or simultaneously or periodically or having been one in the past and one in the present/forseeable future.

I do see what you're saying though about the label: "I'm gay" is such a 'neater' thing to say than "I'm bisexual" and less ambiguous. And if it applies, i.e. if you're predominantly attracted to women or predominantly choose to be with women, then use whatever label you're more comfortable with. If you are indeed not entirely gay then you could try to find another label thats more comfortable: pansexual or queer are two options.