1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My boyfriend doesn't know I'm gay!

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by GayAndOkay, Jan 30, 2014.

1. GayAndOkay

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So, I've had boyfriends before, and I am currently with a lovely man. By the way, I'm a girl. For as long as I can remember, I've been attracted to girls. I've old my boyfriend this, and he doesn't mind, infact I think he rather likes it if I'm honest. However, I'm not actually sure I'm attracted to men at all. When I see men in the street, it makes no difference to me. However, when it comes to girls I find that I'm actually somewhat of a perv! I love him, and I have strong feelings for him, and he can sometimes arouse me, though I often have to think of other things - ie. think of girls. Doesn't really bother me though, I have quite a low sex drive.

Funnily enough, I've only even half come out to my boyfriend. None of my family or friends know I'm bi-sexual (or whatever I am), though I suppose it's obvious, considering the amount of attention that I give to girls.

About half of my friends are girls. If I told them, would they judge me? Would it make it uncomfortable? I have no problem with them thinking I'm straight, though is it wrong to lie about your sexuality?

Not entirely sure what my question is. I think it was "Should I come out?". But I just want to discuss.

2. paranoidkid

Its wrong to lie about your sexuality to yourself! But not telling your friends does not matter. It's all up to you. And if you love your boyfriend and wanna be with him then who cares?

3. GayAndOkay

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thank you! As long as I know it's not immoral to keep others out of the loop. Thanks for the advice!

4. wanderinggirl

You have a right to privacy. But if your boyfriend or someone else might stand to get hurt, it may be less moral to continue telling half truths than to tell the whole truth.

A couple of my female friends have been awkward when I told them, but for the most part they're all really accepting. I don't tell them the extent to which i look at their boobs though; that's when I draw the line on telling them the whole truth. :slight_smile:

5. GayAndOkay

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I don't know if I'm really subtle enough for them to not have noticed the slight checking them out! And thanks so much for your help :slight_smile:

6. paranoidkid

Not at all! I'd you didn't tell your boyfriend then maybe it's a little iffy. But u said u may be bisexual! And honestly if your bisexual then I would see no need to tell ur bf because that don't matter that u can look at girls the same as guys, just adds more fish in the pond to check out! That's all really! So telling your friends is your choice! If you don't want to then so be it!!!

7. Donnytello82

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To your friends... who cares... but quite bluntly, it's not fair to your boyfriend and it's rather selfish of you for not being honest with him... You can say bi all you want but I think you are more lesbian.

8. LuvMyIB

I always knew something was different with me when I was 13 but I needed to fit in so I had "boyfriends" growing up. When I was in high school I had a high school sweetheart that I dated for 6 years. We were engaged to get married but there was always something wrong with our relationship....me! I loved him but I could never get "into" him. When we went to have sex I always came up with excuses not to have sex. I knew that I was looking at girls all my years. I wish I could have been honest with myself and just give him up. We'll it wasn't until college that my feelings for women became stronger I was still with him. I was living a total lie and hated myself but I loved this guy for him but was not in love with him. I wanted it to be but my feelings told me different. He finally found out that I had feelings for a girl on my volleyball team. It crushed him/ his heart. I should have been honest with him when I knew for a fact that I was attracted to females but I wasn't. If I could do it over again I would have been honest. He hates me now and I hate myself because he was everything to me just not the one for me. The moral to my story is be honest if you love this guy it will only hurt greater in the long run if you are not and he finds out.

#8 LuvMyIB, Jan 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2014