1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dating

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by supermanfit, Jan 30, 2014.

1. supermanfit

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Ive thought about dating as an FTM and it scares me .Because i have never dated anyone before and it scares me that they might react badly when I tell that person that Im trans.I haven't transitioned yet but just thinking about. It also scares me what if I do transition and I never will find some one I love and I will be alone for the rest of my life.

:icon_sad::tears:

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "It also scares me what if I do transition and I never will find some one I love and I will be alone for the rest of my life."

This is one of the scariest things, I think, about being trans. As if it wasn't hard enough to find that someone, without something like this! There really isn't a lot you can DO about it, except to tell yourself that there are a lot of people out there who won't have a problem with it. After all, you want someone to like you for who you are, not what you have between your legs!

As hard as it is to do, you need to go in to these thinking that actually, if they make a big thing about you being trans, then it is THEM who is the problem, not you. Some people are of the opinion you should tell someone immediately that you are trans if you want to date them, personally I think that's a load of crap. A lot of people think you are trying to 'trick' them or something, and it's horrible, it is, but you can't let yourself think that it's always going to go down like that.