1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worried I might...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by BnyLava, Jan 30, 2014.

1. BnyLava

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am worried I might hurt someone very important to me. Once again, I am finding myself being entangled in the snares of a relationship. I already hurt this guy once because I felt suffocated (though in reality I wasn't) so I am afraid that my hesitation to be in another relationship with him might be worse for me.
    We were never sexual and I'm not sure I want to be yet... because I don't know if I like him sexually. We do get along great but I'm not sure if I am good girlfriend material- I'm just confused and silly... Just needed a place to put this disorganized thought

2. Moogie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi :slight_smile:

I think that the best way of solving this problem is honest conversation with this guy. It might be really hard for both of you, but it seems to me like good way out of this situation. If you will actually get yourself into this relationship, you may end up hurting him badly. On the contrary, not giving it a try, because of something like this, would be a shame. So speak with him. Tell him what is your deal and that you are afraid of hurting him. Remeber to be frank. See how that will work out.

Good luck with that (*hug*)

3. WeWillOvercome

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No relationship is based solely on sex. If you aren't ready to be intimate, that is quite alright! It seems that the younger people are the more pressured they feel into engaging in sex. If you wanna be a good girlfriend, continue what you are doing. You say that the two of you get along great, well continue down that path and see where it leads. If you don't feel a spark romantically, exit the relationship. However I do agree with Moogie (whose picture scares me), that you should have an open conversation with this guy first off. You two seem like good friends, and if he is indeed a great friend, will listen with open ears, and respect your decision making nonetheless.

4. BnyLava

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks to you both... for the advice. I think I might see where it goes before I open any doors just in case. But thanks for the good advice.