1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by C146, Feb 1, 2014.

1. C146

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I'm an 18 year old female. Ive never had a boyfriend or been kissed (when sober). I always thought i was straight i started to develop a crush on one of my friends at school. Ive had crushes for guys before, but this seemed to be more serious. i tried to ignore it, but i couldn't and then a few years later, i started to have these crushes on girls more often. i started uni in September and this is when it really hit me about how insecure i was. My flatmates are always getting with boys on nights out and it depresses me to think how un experienced i am with romance. how am i supposed to know what my sexuality is if no-one will give me a chance? The main thing that pushes me to question my sexuality is that i got with a guy when i was drunk at a party and he started kissing me (with tongues) and it made me feel sick. I'm not sure if this is because I'm not straight, or because i didn't have feelings for him?
    So confused, can anyone help?

2. OneLittleMango

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi C146,
    I'm actually quite similar to you, except I'm 21 and still never been on a date, let alone kissed. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    It could have been that you felt sickened by the kiss because you didn't have feelings for that particular guy. There's no way I could kiss someone I didn't like and enjoy it, so maybe that's why you didn't? However, you said you've had crushes on girls before. This may or may not be good advice, but I was once told that it might help you to get some clues about your sexual orientation by imagining "sexy/romantic" scenarios with both men and women and seeing which fantasy you seem to prefer.
    Don't really know how failsafe that idea is, but I figured I'd toss it out.
    Also, there's no need to feel insecure because your friends are out getting with guys. It doesn't mean there is anything wrong with you, it just means you haven't found your special someone yet. Sorry if that was cheesy. :slight_smile:

3. C146

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    thanks for the reply. nice to know I'm not alone! guess time will tell me what to do and i shouldn't keep worrying about it! :slight_smile: