1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The more Gay I allow myself to be, the more Bi I become?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by KiddlesP, Feb 1, 2014.

1. KiddlesP

I am not sure if this is a common occurrence or not, however I have been going through huge milestones in my sexuality at breakneck speed (or so it seems to me this past month), just short of dating a person.

Before and currently when I am closeted, I don't act in a very sexual way. Most of my friends just think that I am asexual or straight or don't like to all about girls much (this was confirmed by all the people I have come out to), and I just sort of live in that mindset constantly. However as I have been coming out, I have noticed that I am becoming more bi (masturbating more to woman, and wanting to know woman fully).

I have been coming out usually as "gay" just because it is easier since I am not 100% sure myself, but I always thought I had a bisexual component, but a much larger gay component. But paradoxically the more I come out as gay and talk to my friends as a "gay" guy (I don't talk to them differently, but they acknowledge it/ask questions) them more I am becoming Bi, but it now seems to be fluctuating more with the day…

I am not fully sure what to make of this other than "sexuality is fluid", but I think in general it should even out or stay mostly somewhere… Does anyone else have Bi days and Gay days, more so after coming out as gay? :help: Thanks.

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "Does anyone else have Bi days and Gay days,"

The short answer is yes. My brother has been visiting with his girlfriend this weekend and I very much felt gay. I wanted a girlfriend for a bit. Perhaps it was the fact that out of the choices given I'd rather BE my brother hugging his girlfriend than be his girlfriend getting held by my brother (that'd be weird!).

Most of the time I don't really care one way or the other, I'll take what comes at me (within reason) but occasionally I slip one way or the other.

3. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

This is pretty much exactly what happened to me. Before really exploring my interest in women, I had zero attraction to men. After fully accepting that I was at least mostly gay, my attraction to men welled up to the point that now it's stronger than my attraction to women. The "best" part is that the more I accept being primarily attracted to men, the less attractive men become and more attractive women become. (Thankfully my romantic attraction remains more constant than my physical attraction. If I date anyone, it will almost certainly be a girl.)

So, yeah, I definitely have bi, straight, and gay days, far more so than I did before I came out.

4. jargon

Yep! I mostly came out as "being attracted to guys," without specifying whether I was also attracted to women. But after that, it seemed like the more I insisted on leaning towards one gender or the other, the more my attractions swung the other way.

Now that some time has passed and I don't really care where I fall on the spectrum for the day, I don't notice it happening very much.

5. RandomMatt

You're definitely not alone, as you can already see from the above responses lol

No but yeah, often times for me it does indeed vary. Some days (or even weeks) I'm finding myself more into girls, other times I'm finding myself more into guys with the thought of girls hardly even crossing my mind. I will say that the latter tends to be more of a recurring pattern, but regardless, like you said, sexuality is fluid.

6. Holdingb

Holdingb Guest

Have you ever heard of the Kinsey Scale? You've probably seen it on some of people's profiles here, it is pretty much a way to gauge someone's interest in the opposite sex: 6 being exclusively homosexual, etc. I know many of my friends that are gay don't completely exclude the thought of dating someone of the opposite sex. Honestly, does it matter that much whether or not you are Bisexual or not? Are you worried because you already have come out as gay instead of Bi?

As for if I have gay days and bi days, ehhhh. I would consider myself a constant Pansexual, but there are certainly days where one gender seems better than an other.

Sexuality doesn't have to be a constant, so don't worry about! :grin: