1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An Overwhelming Feeling of ... Love? Lust?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by IG88, Feb 1, 2014.

1. IG88

Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone has been in this situation, and what happened?:

You meet someone for the first time and they have piqued your interest. You see them several times and you just have to get to know them better ... before you might leave, or they leave for some reason (like moving away or changing schools, etc.). You worry that you will regret it if you never talk to them again...

What kind of feelings do you have for that person? Love, lust, infatuation, etc.?

2. josh9623

I have been in that situation before and this is how it went for me.

I started out with pure lust, and eventually we became friends and I got to know him better and became infatuated with him.

While you mileage may vary (and is hopefully better than mine) It ended up that he was pretty homophobic and started completely avoiding me after I came out to him.

So go, make friends, and if they are of the same gender try to make sure they aren't homophobic before you get too involved with them.

I hope everything works out for you!

3. IG88

Ah, that sucks dude. Thanks for sharing!

4. Blondeye

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I also swoon someone. I'm just happy to have met her and I try to just really enjoy it. It's tough as my best friend is suuuuuper doubtful. I will just remain hopeful !!!! :grin:

5. Bring it

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think lust is based solely on looks, infatuation is when you know them and still have a "crush" on them, and I'm not really sure when it transitions to actual "love". So, good luck in all your endeavors!

6. StillAround

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe it's an emotional connection. I've felt that way about my two young friends (that I've spoken about here often). And there's no lust involved--nothing even remotely romantic about it. There's just this connection that deepens with every conversation. And I want every conversation to just go on and on and on.

7. Saintly89

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You summed up my own experiences pretty eloquently.

8. IG88

Thanks for sharing everyone!

9. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Sounds like infatuation to me. I've been there various times before, but it isn't always a sexual crush (sometimes it is though).

10. Ravi-VIXX777

Infatuation in my opinion, which is basically love but you can't explain the attraction. Lust is more geared towards pleasure and self serving-like I want sex with him and that's it. If you got to know him more, it could lead to love.